Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: It is what it is..... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I have had the opportunity to talk and pm with various women on this board, who sometimes feel over whelmed by all they cannot measure up to. For example, so many of you have wonderful blogs, full of beautiful pictures, quotes, scripture etc. Then there is me, I have a blog but I have know idea how to add anything to it    Last week I think it was when one of you lovely,amazing ladies shared on your blog about your kitchen windows. I looked at each one in awe! I noticed your clean counters, immaculate kitchens and fell on the floor laughing. I want to upload for you the view from my kitchen window.......it is a crazy chicken trying to get in
So what is my point....well I think we need a place to come and laugh at ourselves and show our feeble attempts, and then those of you who have it together can come and find a place for a good laugh    Kind of like a ladies night out after a couple of beers or margaritas, or wine.....whatever you like.....a place to say "it is what it is"
So what do you think?
I am attempting to add my picture, if I can't I will mail to Alice! Don't choke laughing at me Alice

OK I just tried no picture, see what I mean
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

Oh I love it!!!

That's one reason I've been hesitant to post, because I feel like a complete amateur! And compared to many here I suppose I am as my 3 dd's are only 4 1/2, 3 and 16 months and I'm still waiting to come into the church. (oh, and I don't blog)

Just trying to mother my three Catholic daughters as well as I am able. You ladies are a wealth of ideas and encouragement, thank you.

Bethany
Back to Top View Bethany's Profile Search for other posts by Bethany

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 2:21pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

I think we all tend to show our best and I believe we discussed that as well somewhere on here (although don't ask me where because I couldn't remember).

As for me, my house pretty much stays clean. A comfortable clean now. If you only knew how far I've come though. I went from being a messie to obsessive behavior over cleanliness because of my mother in law. There came a point where I realized that Jesus set me free from the bondage all that garbage did to me. So... while I still enjoy my home clean and neat and always able to entertain, I don't "freak" out and have to have everything clean when I leave the house. What you don't see though my messy cupboards (especially the lid drawer, good golly those things multiply!) or the closet that hurls cleaning supplies at you each time you open the door.   

It is what it is...   

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Molly, I have felt the same way at various times over the state of my blog versus other's. I have to constantly remind myself to STOP COMPARING. We are all different -- we teach differently -- we learn differently -- we blog differently -- and we clean differently.

You only need to worry about what one person thinks of you -- HIM.

As far as cleaning? I am able to keep my house pretty clean because I hate clutter -- so I really don't have much stuff in my house!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Molly, I want to see that chicken! You made me LOL with that mental picture!

My house isn't tidy all the time....the majority of the time. It's always some project in progress...and you're right "It is what it is." While I do appreciate having the beautiful, inspiring posts, and the heights that I want to reach, I do really enjoy learning from others mistakes. My siblings and my aunts are known for just getting the giggles and laughing at our faux paus. The laughter really helps get through the rough spots!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Paula, that would be the key item in maintaining a clean home--no clutter. We have lotsa clutter here! My dh keeps telling me that we need to be St. Francis and get rid of the clutter, but alot of the clutter is his clutter!
What to do? If I could just rid of all the clutter ...

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Here is what we look like right now, Molly.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 3:17pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Oh Bridget I love it! I hope Molly sees it!

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 3:18pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

I WOULD like to see Molly's chicken in the window!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote Tami

Bridget wrote:
I WOULD like to see Molly's chicken in the window!

Me too! I laughed when I read Molly's post! At least the chicken's on the outside of the window! There are days around here where I feel like I live inside Noah's ark...if you get my drift...    

And Bridget, nice photo. It feels so, you know, homey

Back to Top View Tami's Profile Search for other posts by Tami

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

molly wrote:
I want to upload for you the view from my kitchen window.......it is a crazy chicken trying to get in

Oh, please, Molly, we need to see that picture!!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:01pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I love it Bridget    I just pulled out my couch to sweep under it......I mean a third world country could survive down there
This thread is meant to be humourous no one feel bad for me like I am comparing, I am not...I am what I am, it is what it is over here!!!   Sounds awfully inviting does'nt it
I sent the chicken photo to Alice or Tim hopefully they can post it, as for someones comment, at least it is outside........well.... we have had more than one incedent with them coming inside during the summer, and me and the 5 kiddos running screaming trying to catch chickens or ducks!!!   Can you imagine my poor husband, he grew up in the city in a normal home     
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

molly wrote:
   I just pulled out my couch to sweep under it......I mean a third world country could survive down there

How funny, Molly. I just pulled out my couch too in a drastic search for a second black ballet slipper. It was found along with many, many, many other missing toys, controller, snacks.

Can't wait to see the chicken picture. I'm sure it's the portrait of domestic loveliness.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

One more note, I LOVE everyones beautiful inspiring blogs! Truly I do, you all give me great ideas, I just laugh at myself trying to pull off some of the ideas!

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

This is what my kitchen looks like before dinner.

Bridget, I love that photo.

Molly, thank you for asking this question. I never would've posted this picture, otherwise

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I love the pictures! LOL we should all do this...now we'll all be trying to impress one another with our messes!

Like you said Molly it is what it is. I feel self conscious sometimes when I see what lovely homes so many of you have. I love my house but it's needs a good bit of work and our progress on it is slow (in part because we can only do what we can afford in small chunks).

I had a friend come over for coffee today and I was tidying up before she arrived and of course saw so many things that I couldn't do before she got there (like paint the walls! ) and decided that it is what it is, and I was not going to apologize for my house, nor was I going to worry about it. I didn't and we had a lovely time.

Then I saw this thread and felt even better!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

"Domestic loveliness".....now thats funny Cay!   Maybe with this new admission I should host the next loveliness fair...Domestic!     Oh yea you have to know how to work a blog to do that     I think I will leave it to the experts who can inspire, I can only amuse

JenniferS
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote JenniferS

I am just glad to know that I am not the only one with third world country under my couch! Unforunately, my house is full of "third world countries" under almost every piece of furniture!!!! We have a case of way too much clutter, but none of us seems to be willing to part with any of it! Hmmm...Maybe a good lenten project.
Back to Top View JenniferS's Profile Search for other posts by JenniferS

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Oh, yes, at one time we had prairie dogs living under our couch. I was sure of it. Nothing else could explain the vast amount of food crumbs and what all else under there.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

kjohnson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote kjohnson

Well, if I could get off of bed rest long enough, I'm sure that I would find all sorts of interesting things under our furniture. Ignorance is bliss!   

My husband has been playing Mr. Mom around here. I heard him yell out to the kids this weekend, "Anyone want to make some money?" The chores are way behind.

I did get up long enough to get a drink in the kitchen. Apparently someone from our homeschool group dropped off a box of ice pops along with dinner. And my 3 year old polished them off.

My older kids thought it would be fun today to mop the back patio?     Why they can't use that energy inside is beyond me.

But here's a Johnson family secret that I can't blame on the bed rest. My house is usually very orderly, but you can't walk through the garage. It's the mentality of a young child cleaning their room and throwing everything under the bed. I drive my husband insane.

What can you do but laugh!

Back to Top View kjohnson's Profile Search for other posts by kjohnson

Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version