Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What has your dh done right today?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:47pm | IP Logged Quote Donna

I, too, love this thread...and my husband.

This morning he was up early and off to Confession, then came home and made breakfast for everyone, cleaned the kitchen then went to visit with his dad and take him shopping. He's the best!!!

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

He let me sleep more this morning (still sick) made the dds breakfast, and then let me go out alone to run my remaining errands.

And is taking us out to dinner and buying me a new computer, I think, this evening (my laptop bit the dust a week ago).

Rachel
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

ShawnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote ShawnaB

Wow, there are some incredible men represented in this group! I love reading this!

TracyFD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote TracyFD

My husband makes his own breakfast every morning and coffee for both of us. He puts mine in a thermal mug so it's hot when I am ready for it. He carries in a day's worth of firewood and usually makes a pancake breakfast Saturday mornings. Today he went out in sub-zero temps to get cardstock for one of my projects!

Pinewood Castle
Back to Top View TracyFD's Profile Search for other posts by TracyFD Visit TracyFD's Homepage

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 4:02pm | IP Logged Quote Maria B.

This is a good weekend to ask!

My husband, through a good connection, got two tickets to the Super Bowl and surprised my 17 year old son with a trip to Miami! A once in a lifetime opportunity!

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

Angela F
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 6:17pm | IP Logged Quote Angela F

I'm in a similar camp with Amy - not bleeding, but sit, sit, sit with this pregnancy back pain. This week he did the grocery shopping for me and took the older kids to First Friday mass. He's been doing laundry, changed the bed sheets this morning, took all the kids (except the 2 yo) for a "spin" this afternoon and keeps reminding me to NOT do anything that might tweak my back again. He's an angel and I wouldn't trade him for the world!
God bless,
Angela

Back to Top View Angela F's Profile Search for other posts by Angela F

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Michaela wrote:
Oh, what a fun, positive thread!

My husband is at work, putting in a long 70+ hour week.
Usually, I get up at 4am to fix his breakfast, but today he let me sleep in. He has already called to check in on us. He knows a phone call during the day is very special to me.

You both sound special! My dh gets up soo early (between 4 and 5- 5 today,) and I don't do anything to help him get ready for work! I am usually up til 12, but still...
So, today dh got up at 5, went to work, made it to ds's basketball game, and drove another ds to a friend's before heading off to a 7pm tax appt.! (This is the "make hay while the sun shines" season of taxes.)

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Early in the morning, my husband scraped the ice off the van windows and warmed the van so I could go off all day to Atrium training. While I was gone, he fixed the grandmother clock (now it keeps time accurately AND chimes; we can cancel the repairman and save $125) then he did the taxes.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

My dh took the 3 kids to the Home Depot kids' workshop, then to swim lessons. He helped my 8 yo finish his Pinewood Derby car, then cooked dinner while I napped on the couch, and washed the dishes. And, he just called down from the bedroom that he made the bed with the sheets I had washed today!!
Wow, that's a lot!
Oh, and he did our taxes tonight after we put the kids to bed.

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 10:26pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

Update... He got the new tub surround put in the new Master bathroom. The empty shell of a room is beginning to look like a bathroom!!

Oh, he went out in -13 degree weather to me chips and salsa tonight too.   

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Dh spent all day Saturday at school, interviewing prospective kids and their parents; came home and took me out to dinner getting home in plenty of time to cuddle with the kids, watch a couple of episodes of All Creatures Great and Small and then read to the kids at bedtime.

My dh is truly one in a million around here -- he gets up early EVERYDAY and gets the day started in this house. Right now, he's got Sunday brunch started, is fixing a cabinet door and playing with JP so I can "blog" -- and then get the others up for 8 a.m. Mass.

I don't usually gush, but this guy really is a sweetheart!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

WayTruthLife
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote WayTruthLife

My dh has been working like a dog this weekend to build shelves in the boy's bedroom closet and in the nursery closet. It's something that I've been asking for and he's such a sweetie and a devoted dh to take it on! I just love this thread of praising our dh! They surely deserve it!

-TJ
Back to Top View WayTruthLife's Profile Search for other posts by WayTruthLife

8kids4me
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote 8kids4me

My dh unstuck me from the driveway last night after our freak blizzard that gave us about 6 inches of snow in just over an hour. When I got home from taking one of my "honorary" kids home from work, the driveway was completely shovelled!! Now, when I called dh to help me get unstuck, he had just gone to bed. A real sweetheart if you ask me!

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

It's so nice to hear all these good things being said about our husbands. I hate to hear men belittled as is common in many circles.

My dh got up early to prepare his lesson for the 6th and 7th grade Sun. school class he teaches (when he's not working weekends), helped get the gang ready for church and then after Mass, CCD, and lunch out(BBQ!), he has taken the kids to a birthday party for me so I could stay here with the sleeping toddler and have some down-time/nap or whatever I want to do. :-)

He works way too much overtime (mandatory right now) and still finds time to be the chair of the parish advisory council, he's active with K of C, and he's the Boy Scout Scoutmaster for our troop. God bless all these wonderful men of ours!

Feeling sappy now,
JoAnna

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

At this very moment, my dh is at Barnes & Noble with our oldest daughter buying books for the kids!

God bless him!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

My dh took the 4 kids yesterday to another family's house so that the mothers could attend a baby shower for 3 women (all having girls!). The house had 3 men and 18 children. God bless them for all their hard work yesterday. It was one of the few times I've been completely kidless at an event.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

KellyinPA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote KellyinPA

My husband does wonderful things to help me and the kids almost everyday but yesterday in the marriage and family class we are leading for Sunday School, he actually made a public apology to me for a snide comment he made the night before. Funny thing is, I had forgotten about the comment

the abundant life
Back to Top View KellyinPA's Profile Search for other posts by KellyinPA

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 9:09am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Yesterday, my husband spent quite a bit of time fiddling with my Field Day button when he could have been watching pre-Superbowl shows.

And, while I planned lessons late in the day, he cooked supper! Cracker-crusted chicken with peppers and rice.

And finally! He got up with the Earlybird today, made coffee and let me sleep in a bit before we "changed guards."

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

kristina
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote kristina

What a fantastic thread, Shawna! It is so nice to read about these terrific gentlemen.

My sweet husband rises early to go to work, letting me sleep in. He calls at least once each day to check on us. If I need him to run an errand he will do it quickly to get home soon. He expects so little and gives so much. When he comes home he does any chores that need to be done. Usually a quick sweep and a vacuum. Then he helps make dinner and tidy up after. He leads our family in bedtime prayers and helps tuck in the children.

Some extra specials he has done this weekend: He ironed all of our Sunday clothing for Holy Mass (4 little shirts, 5 pants and 2 skirts!). He snowblowed the driveway and bits of the yard to make a terrific sledding path for our little ones, then played out in the cold with them this weekend.   

Blessings,

yesterthoughts
Back to Top View kristina's Profile Search for other posts by kristina

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Bill got up early and ran in the cold so I could go to the pool before he left for school. He ran the morning routine and got school started while I was having fun exercising. And he's so much better at it than I am!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version