Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What has your dh done right today?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ShawnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 12:23pm | IP Logged Quote ShawnaB

Just wanted to take a moment in praise of our husbands.

My dh let me sleep in this morning, made Saturday breakfast for everyone. Let me eat uninterrupted, refilled my coffee cup, and then cleaned the whole kitchen.

He's the best.

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

My dh cleared the snow off the driveway, took our ds 8 to a Home Depot kids workshop, made lunch for the dc and is going to go on a date with dd 11 months and me tonight.

This is just one day. He does so much for all of us everyday. Thanks, Shawna, for the reminder to praise him. He loves it!

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

ElizLeone
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote ElizLeone

My hubby woke up at the crack of dawn, went to Confession and Mass, and is now at an all-day Knights of Divine Mercy men's retreat.

Sure do love that guy and the way he inspires the rest of us.

Munchkins on the Path
Our Adoption
Back to Top View ElizLeone's Profile Search for other posts by ElizLeone Visit ElizLeone's Homepage

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

He is out in the cold cold Chicago day getting a gift card for our nephew. He is also encouraging me to spend $$ on our curriculum choices for next year.

I'm happy my Mom is throwing him a suprise party for his birthday tonight. She is doing it all on her own since she loves him so much. She may love my dh more than me!

Marybeth

Jacinta
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote Jacinta

Well, after we both stayed up to 1:30 am visiting with an old friend, he got up with the kids at 6:30, let me sleep in until 8:30, and had a hot cup of coffee waiting for me!

Jacinta
Back to Top View Jacinta's Profile Search for other posts by Jacinta

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Oh I love praising dh...

He woke up early, fed the crew, dressed them (while I caught a few more winks with 4 mo. old!) and then brought us to First Saturday Mass. He also made lunch for the crew before he had to dash out to coach his highschool b-ball team.

What a guy!

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

Let me stay home while he and the middle kids go door-to-door for a candidate. Thanks Honey!

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

He's changed three yucky diapers (middle ds has a intestinal bug), and he's staying home with all four dc later this afternoon while I go get a pedicure with a friend! Woo-hoo!

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

He made homemade chilli yesterday and today he took the youngest with him to run errands!

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote LLMom

My sweetie made breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, played with the kiddos,changed a messy diaper, and vacuumed some of the house for me. He does these types of things all of the time. He is so wonderful. He constantly tells me to rest and relax when he gets home and that he will take over. He was home with us for 2 days when I miscarried and then 3 more when he was iced in from work and he really said he doesn't know how I do it and that he appreciates all that I do. I try to tell him often I appreciate him because I wouldn't want to be out in the world working like he does.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

humanaevitae
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged Quote humanaevitae

He is working an extra day at work to earn more money for our family vacation to Florida in March. He has to go for a conference and wanted to share his first look of the ocean with us!

J.Anne
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote J.Anne

My husband is working today to support me as a stay at home mom. And he brought home pizza last night. I love this topic. Husbands are sadly so often the butt of jokes.

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

Oh, what a fun, positive thread!

My husband is at work, putting in a long 70+ hour week.
Usually, I get up at 4am to fix his breakfast, but today he let me sleep in. He has already called to check in on us. He knows a phone call during the day is very special to me.

JuliaT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote JuliaT

My husband fixed my glasses for me today when the glass popped out of the lens. Now he is in the process of figuring out why we have no water. I am so thankful of how he takes care of us.

Blessings
Julia
mom to 3(7,6,4)
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Juliainsk
Back to Top View JuliaT's Profile Search for other posts by JuliaT

teamgriswold
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote teamgriswold

Oh how fun!    My wonderful dh, did laundry yesterday, cleaned our much neglected bedroom and led praise and worship for our parish's Festival of Praise last night. Right now he is running errands for my birthday tomorrow and he's missing the beginning of the Super Bowl game tomorrow night so that he can take me out to dinner on my birthday!!!! I really thought we'd have to wait until next weekend to celebrate. He does so much for me and our family, I thank God for him every day!

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Everything! He's letting me sit...and sit...and sit...to stop this pg bleeding...and he has entertained the kids, given them baths, fed them breakfast and lunch, put a chicken in the crockpot, not been mad at me when I jokingly made fun of his Spanish ...

he's been great, and not just today.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

MommyD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote MommyD

My husband made a huge decision today about his career and our family. He really put us first and I think he made the right decision!!

MommyD
Back to Top View MommyD's Profile Search for other posts by MommyD

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

He took me out on a date this morning, bought me an antique pot rack, and came home and steam-cleaned the floors and scrubbed the grout in the kitchen.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Love this thread and love my husband! Today he woke up early to come with me and grocery-shop at my favorite international store. We shared a caffe mocha with soy milk while doing this.

Then he took my brother to work, came back and prepared lunch (leftover spareribs reheated in oven) for us as I took the girls on a date. Right now he's working here at home, but this evening we're attending a "couples" talk.

After that if we get home early enough we're watching a Padre Pio movie!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I've got a real winner. My dh has been gone all week. He's a sports television producer and tomorrow is the Super Bowl. We had a birthday here at home, a little guy whose birth Mike nearly missed. He's missed all of Stephen's birthday because of the Super Bowl. My husband surpised him when flew in around midnight last night. He slept a wee bit, went to Stephen's soccer and basketball games, came home, had cake and played ball with the birthday party people and then got back on the plane. There's a big TV show in Miami tomorrow. Glad you asked today, Shawna!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version