Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Do you do color????? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 10:13pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

On your walls that is!!   Chari and I were discussing painting and thought it would be fun to see how daring people are with their home colors. I love color, my living room is Tomato Red, my kitchen is Olive green, with red and yellow accents, and drum roll I am painting my bedroom Goldleaf (metallic). So what are your color choices????
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 10:18pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Goodness, Molly! You need to post a photo of your tomato red living room!

Actually all the rooms that you mentioned.

I just do pale yellow. Partly because I can only paint at night when the light is not so good and I'm tired. Not a good time to be bold.

Someday, i want a red dining room.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 10:19pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

We have a new (to us) home and the walls are all white. I am looking forward to getting some color on them, so this thread is great!
btw, I am looking for a nice warm sage green for the bedroom (to go with oak floors and bedroom suite) if anyone has brand/color suggestions.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 10:26pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

We have something between a dark olive and dark sage on two walls of our bedroom.

The boys room is a wonderful sandy color with red curtains and navy blankets.

The girls room is a light sage green, white furniture and pink accents.

The bathroom I sponged an off white over a white.. and have a pine branch border on one wall.

The living room and dining room are a single room and the wall the dining table sits against is an antique blue.

all the other walls are white.. though I have plans to do a barely yellow sort of white in the kitchen when I get the chance to paint it. It has pine cupboards and bright yellow counters and blue accents.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

** I'm sorry these turned out so big. I tried to re-size them but it didn't work... if there is a size limit and they need to be deleted just let me know and I will do so **

We centered the colors of our new addition on this tapestry that my dh bought for me.

We did the kitchen in the green, the family room in the light tan and the back accent wall by the closet has the burgandy.

I love the colors. The older part of our home is still needing to be remodeled but when we do we will most likely carry some of these colors out into the other rooms as well.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 10:55pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Oh that's lovely Theresa.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 11:06pm | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

I have one red wall in our LR, along with a yellow (was supposed to be sandy, but is pale yellow) and 2 white walls.

Our bedroom is 2 tones of blue, and the master bath is yellow.

The boys' bedroom is a pale brown (looks like pale chocolate milk). I love the color, but both boys complain about it. It matched a wild animal mural really well, but unfortunately the mural didn't last very well and is 1/2 torn off the walls.

We're about to repaint the entire house this spring. Our kitchen will be 2 tones of orange, master bedroom stays the same, living room & hallway will be tan, boys' bath a pale green, boys' room a grey/blue. That leaves the playroom -- which I haven't yet decided a color for. Oh, and the office . . . which we will probably leave white unless we decide to move this summer/fall and then we'll paint it.

I say "we" but really I mean DH is going to repaint the house. Almost as soon as I found out I was expecting, I decided the entire house had to be painted before the babe came. LOL.

Melanie
Mom to Colin (6), Nate (4) and expecting another 5/07

Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 11:09pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Orange kitchen that sounds great!!!   What shades are you going with, what made you decide on orange?
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Cindy Mac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote Cindy Mac

What a fun topic! My former next door neighbor (long story) is an interior designer so we lucked out. Here's what out house consists of:

Kitchen is a sage green.

Family Room is chocolate brown on 3 walls with a khaki on the half wall between the kitchen and family room

Living Room and Dining Room are the same khaki as in the family room, but the dining room has a deep red underneath the chair rail, and the rake wall in the living room is the same red.

Nursery is a bright yellow with white wainscoting (sp?)

Boys room is a bright blue with a really cool wallpaper mural of an old time baseball game on one wall.

Master bedroom is a goldish khaki with a navy blue accent wall.

Master bathroom is a deep gray.

Kellys Klassroom Korner
St. Anne's Academy
Back to Top View Cindy Mac's Profile Search for other posts by Cindy Mac Visit Cindy Mac's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 11:58pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

This is a fun thread and I love the pictures, Theresa.

A friend of mine got my oldest dd to help paint her kitchen when she was pregnant last year. It's a bright cherry red. I've heard that's why restaurants use a lot of red. The color red is suppose to promote hunger. That's why, in my other house, I had my dining room painted burgandy. I love a burgandy dining rm.

We have:

Kitchen in blue/ Living Area with white walls (these two rooms will be remodeled so I'm not worried about painting them now)

Master bedroom ~ coffeemilk tan

Oldest dd's rm. ~ carnation pink with lime green trim

Little Girls' Rm ~ white (to be remodeled---I think they want a yellow)

Younger Son's rm ~ LSU yellow with purple trim (Go, Tigers!)

Oldest son's rm ~ wood panel with wood duck deco.

Front bathrm ~ peach

Back bathrm ~ blue

Hallway~ white & blue

sitting room ~ Sage Green

Oldest dd and I are anxiously planning what color we'll do the guest bath in. It's an old extra bathroom that hasn't been used in decades. Dh won't be gutting it for a while so the color choice will probably get changed X amount of times.

Laundry Room ~ lemon yellow

Pantry ~ tea biscuit

(Thank goodness for those loveliness fairs, huh? )

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 12:13am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Your colors and your tapestry are beautiful, Theresa.

I would say that I'm not very daring. We used these Benjamin Moore colors.

Navajo White (off-white) all over
Shaker Beige (tan) boys room & study
Spring Valley (pale green)kitchen
Spring Lilac - girls room
Sweet Butter (a bright yellow - the most daring (kids bath)
Meadow View (an unusual greenish, brownish) 1/2 bath
Melon Ice (peachy, surprisingly my favorite) master bathroom

I really need to put something on the walls and put up window treatments, etc to add some color in here.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 12:19am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Cay, I love your lemon laundry room.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

MichelleM
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 12:51am | IP Logged Quote MichelleM

molly wrote:
and drum roll I am painting my bedroom Goldleaf (metallic). So what are your color choices????

Molly- I'm a metallic too! Our fireplace accent wall is deep (really deep) metallic green. The other walls are beige. I would love to paint them warm Sherwin Williams Blonde.

I'm embarrassed to say that in our guest bath, one wall is partially painted gold metallic. I didn't like the base coat with the gold so I axed the project-that was a year ago. I think I'm going to paint it a muted blue instead.

Our basement is Livable Green & Believable Buff.

The "going to be" craft room is sky blue on the upper half and sage green on the lower. I have *cute* picket fence picture frames to divide it up.

The kitchen is, a too dark and on the yellow side, sage green but DH said he would paint it for me again! I shocked him with my color choice-Creamy White with new red toile curtains and a backsplash to add interest.

The girl’s bedroom is a muted yellow and the boys a soft blue--both have accents of black Sharpie marker all over the walls. One more project to tackle…

Our nature blog: All of Creation
Back to Top View MichelleM's Profile Search for other posts by MichelleM

KASB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 1:40am | IP Logged Quote KASB

How funny ! I'm just putting away my painting supplies - I'm up way too late, but it's the only time I don't have little helpers ! We live in military housing right now and everything is glaringly white. The floors are horrible white commercial tile (think Wal-Mart or the local grocery store). We also have fluorescent lighting everywhere in the house, which makes everything look even more washed out, so I decided to paint the walls in our living room a light tan to give us a bit of color. I would love to paint all the rooms, but we'd have to paint over everything when we leave, so I'll just have to settle for one room and a color that can be covered easily. It makes such a difference - not so sterile and hospital-ish. I would love a red dining room!

Blessings,
Kym
mom to 9 - 8 boys (24,14,10,9,7,4,3,17 mos.) and 1 girl(22)

Back to Top View KASB's Profile Search for other posts by KASB

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 2:02am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Oh, I am so boring. Everything here is off-white. I'm too chicken to do anything else because of the idea of painting over again. I keep thinking about it because it does need to be painted and I would spice it up. Maybe you all will inspire me.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 5:03am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Oh, this is fun - and everyone's rooms sound (and look!) beautiful!

Well, our three main living areas are what we call the "beverage" rooms - the family room is "cafe au lait" (a soft creamy brown), the dining room is "cabernet sauvignon" (a deep burgundy) and the living room will be "tea" (a soft golden color) once it's finally stripped of all wallpaper.

The bedrooms are paler in hue, but are all up for re-doing this spring!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

We're pretty boring execpt for out kitchen. Our kitchen has very bright yellow walls with stark white wainscoting and trim, a light wood floor (think oak but not real) and brick red accents throughout, such as throw rugs, wall clock, and accent towels.

The rest of the downstairs is a light mocha color. My husband does not like daring colors, I do. We are condidering painting some more downstairs rooms this spring if the house hasn't sold.

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 6:56am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

I have always been an Autumn/Fall kind of girl. The flooring in our entire house is beige tile. (note to self - don't do that again in this climate.)

Tile can make you *think* cold, so I am trying to warm up the house with color. Bedrooms are a Moss Green - very soothing. Hallway, Living Room and Kitchen are Nacho Chip - yellow and bright and sunny, with a little gold in it. Stairway and entry and laundry room are all Western Beige on top half and Fudge on bottom half.

Lower level is Wintergreen - off-white with a hint of green.

All the fabric is dark brown, muted greens, LOTS OF COPPER, pretty much just think fall and you know what it looks like!

This was fun!

sewcrazy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 9:46am | IP Logged Quote sewcrazy

Oh yes!
My family room is forest green and tan.
Kitchen is tan, green, navy, and cream.
Dining room is burgandy.
Basement (school/playrooms) is lime sherbert green.
Big boys room is midnight blue with silver
DD roomis periwinkle with 2 foot diameter daisies painted all over it.
Littlest ds's room is an undersea mural.

I am so sad. We are probably moving this summer, and the first thing the realator said was to paint everything beige
Back to Top View sewcrazy's Profile Search for other posts by sewcrazy

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2007 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

Fun topic!

Living room, stairs and landing - lilac
Dining room - blue
Kitchen - "almond white" (badly needs repainting, probably yellow or blue)
Our bedroom - deep blue, with tester patches as we are planning to repaint in the next week or so and can't decide on a colour! May end up cream as we can't decide on anything else)
Eldest dd's room - pink
Middle dd's room - light spring green
Baby's room - mauve (slightly darker than living room)

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version