Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Altagracia & the Treasure Map Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Tonight, I see us sitting around a fire as we begin this pursuit for hidden treasure. We’re taking our first look at our Treasure Map, turning it about it our hands as we try to figure out how to read it together.

To get us started, may I suggest that we begin reading True Devotion to Mary together on January 31st the feast day of St. John Bosco. Don Bosco has always been a special patron of this forum and for Homeschooling and Marian families. (If you want to purchase True Devotion to Mary, or invite any other of your friends to join us, let’s try to be ready for January 31st.)

We'll try to finish the book by May. So, that together we'll be ready to celebrate a very special May dedicated to Our Lady. We'll encourage eachother along so that we reach our goal. (As an added bonus, we'll be adding extra spice to our Lent as well!)

During the month of May we can follow St. Louis’ method for preparing to make a consecration to Our Lady. Originally, I wanted to suggest May 31st as Consecration day. But I see that it falls on a Thursday this year. I think that would be burndensome for many, (myself included), so, would you like to make the consecration on the Sunday before, May 28th? It also happens to be Memorial Day. (A day traditionally spent with friends. )

If so, we have a mystery...What is celebrated in the Church on May 28th? What will we learn about Our Lady? About our group?

Another mystery we can pursue, why did Our Lady choose the title of Our Lady of Altagracia as our patroness?
Would anyone like to try to find out why?
Who is Our Lady of Altagracia?
Does anyone have personal experience with her?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on our different mysteries.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Over at Catholic Mosaic, discussion of OUr Lady of Altagracia

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 5:54pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

This is wonderful Helen, I can't wait to join in!! I'm especially excited about this as my b-day happens to fall on May 25th right near our time of celebrating!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 8:24pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Helen wrote:
To get us started, may I suggest that we begin reading True Devotion to Mary together on January 31st the feast day of St. John Bosco. Don Bosco has always been a special patron of this forum and for Homeschooling and Marian families. (If you want to purchase True Devotion to Mary, or invite any other of your friends to join us, let’s try to be ready for January 31st.)

January 31st is St. Louis de Montfort's birthday! How perfect is that!!!

Ooh, I am loving this forum for so many reasons, not the least of which is that it has given me the heads up on Meredith's birthday! : ) It won't be forgotten!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 9:46pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Alice you are too sweet, I actually didn't mean for it to be an alert, it's a rather drab birthday , but certainly not with this forum

Looking forward to reading with everyone!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 11:44pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

I just realized, that some of you who know me already, may be saying to yourselves, “What is Helen doing? Didn’t she already make her consecration?”

Well, the answer is yes, I did. I’ve been in the Franciscan Tertiaries of the Immaculate since 2000, attending monthly formation classes, and after five years of preparation, on December 8th 2005, I made a solemn profession of the (private) Marian vow.

With my 4Real friends, I want to further my study of True Devotion to Mary, and I will renew my private vow.

In our rule book, it says, a day without considering and working in light of the Marian vow is a day wasted, a day without grace. So, this forum is going to help me to daily remember my vow and my consecration to Our Lady. I look forward to your help in keeping my promise to Our Lady.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version