Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Christmas cards Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mathmama
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote mathmama

Good morning Ladies,

I hope that this has not been posted before. I did a search and came up with nothing. Ok, I am trying to pick out our Christmas cards for this year. I want to send a photo card. Last year I used Walmart. The price was really nice, but the selection was just ok. I don't want to go with Walmart again for obvious reasons. I have considered Target, but I can't seem to figure out their photo greeting card site. It seems to me that I don't get to pick what the card looks like, but that I will just get an assortment. This is not acceptable as I don't want to send out the meaningless "Seasons Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" type of cards. I was going to use their St Jude's cards, but they didn't tickle my fancy. Do any of you have any suggestions of another place I can try? I did look at melissaclairdesigns.com, but that is too pricy for us. I am hoping for something that is less than $.50 a card (that includes the envelope). Maybe that is too much to ask. Please give me some suggestions, I don't want to go back to Walmart!   

Thanks!

Beth
Back to Top View mathmama's Profile Search for other posts by mathmama

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

We made ours at Shutterfly! Shuterflyhas free standard shipping if you order before the 13th. We made 8X10 photo calendars there too.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

almamater
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 8:08pm | IP Logged Quote almamater

We are also doing ours at Shutterfly. In addition, I am making photo books there for the grandparents. We made one for friends who moved away a few months ago and it turned out beautifully, arrived within three days of placing the order and was MUCH appreciated!

Soulful Learning
Back to Top View almamater's Profile Search for other posts by almamater

Philothea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote Philothea

Quite a few of my friends use Costco for their photo holiday cards and have been extremely pleased with both the price and selection. We avoid Costco for purely political reasons, but I thought I'd pass that along.
Back to Top View Philothea's Profile Search for other posts by Philothea

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 9:29pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

We used Walgreens and were happy. Of course, they keep calling us using their automatic system telling us our photos are ready. They have been picked up and mailed the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Good luck on your search. The cards stress me the most about Christmas so I mail them obnoxiously early or so I am told.

God bless,

Marybeth

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 12:09am | IP Logged Quote anniemm

I used Shutterfly as well. They always have free shipping or discounted item promotions. They have a great selection, and I am always happy with their quality. I have several of their photobooks as well, you should check those out! I've only been married 3 1/2 years, but I'm trying to make one from every year. It's time to start working on '06!

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

We've used Winkflash for pictures and photo plaques. They've got flat rate shipping of 99 cents. I just looked at their cards, and they've got 4x8 photocards (one piece w/envelope) for 23 cents each.

Winkflash Cards

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

What is the pricing for Shutterfly photobooks? I've been looking at options and was leaning towards Lulu. I've tried to find the info at Shutterfly but I have to sign up for an account to find out how many pictures = how many $. I'm thinking 30-40 pics or so. Gifts for the grandparents and for ourselves, to document our year.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

5athome
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote 5athome

We used Target and were able to choose the design. We went with a red background that had a small holy family design on the side.
Back to Top View 5athome's Profile Search for other posts by 5athome

mathmama
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote mathmama

OK, I just went back to Target and finally figured out how to do it. I thought I should be able to view the choices before I pick my picture. Their price is better than Shutterfly so I think we will use them. Thanks for all of the responses.
Back to Top View mathmama's Profile Search for other posts by mathmama

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version