Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: All Souls Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 03 2006 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

JennGM wrote:
These weren't works of art, but it was a great way to get the senses involved in remembering Grandma. Just visiting doesn't always make fresh memories, but hands on really made a difference

One thing MaryM's ds did that was kind of neat was found his name and did a rubbing and then found it in Italian (we think) and did a rubbing of that.

We ran into our seminarians yesterday, who came en masse to celebrate All Souls day Mass in the Bishops' Crypt. How cool is that? MaryM got to stay; we had to go to other graves but plan to work it in next year.

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful day. I have to say after 2 years this is one of the dc's favorite field trip/feast days of the whole year!

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 04 2006 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

We had a lovely All Souls' Day Mass at our church cemetary with our new Bishop presiding. It was awesome! Bishop Burbidge and about 22 priest were there!

Check out the story and photos at our diocesan website...Bishop celebrates at Newton Grove

I'm trying to upload more pictures at our church website tonight. Our cemetary, up until recent years, was 1 of only 2 Catholic cemetaries in NC, the other being in Belmost in the other diocese. So Bishop Waters is buried there as are a number of priests, etc. And our church is about 135 years old or so...

JoAnna

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 05 2006 at 4:55am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Thank you everyone for sharing your All Souls Day! It sounds like it was a lovely day for everyone.

We had a nice day, too - I posted about our trip to a local cemetery. This was not a famly site, just a very old colonial graveyard near a park we had stopped at. For this first visit I wanted to keep it casual. We enjoyed it very much and did a few rubbings. Later this month we will visit some family graves.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version