Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Rosary CD's Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lilac hill
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 20 2006 at 6:38am | IP Logged Quote lilac hill

In her blog, Elizabeth has spoken of her fondness for a particular Rosary CD.
Does anyone else have a favorite rosary CD?

Wife to Rick (7/83), Mom to dd#1(6/87), dd#2(1/90), and dd#3(6/94) in central PA.
Back to Top View lilac hill's Profile Search for other posts by lilac hill

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 20 2006 at 6:47am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Viv,
Catholic Exchange asked me to expand that blog entry and in the new version, I am recommending a second CD as well, though the St. Therese one from this blog entry is still my number one favorite.

The other one I like is done by international Irish tenor Mark Forrest, with his wife Muriel and a local priest, Fr. Fran Peffley. Forrest's voice is amazing and the CD "Through the Eyes of His Mother" is very well done. You can buy it here, at Mark's website. Be forewarned: all his other CDs are awesome too!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Magnificat
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 20 2006 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote Magnificat

A big second for"Through the Eyes of His Mother" by Mark Forrest and Fr. Peffley.
We always make sure this CD is in the car for those long trips. Fr. Peffley gives wonderful meditations for each mystery, making it easy for adults and children as well, to focus on prayer and Christ. The kids have been lulled to sleep many a late evening by Mark Forrest and his music.

graciefaith
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2006 at 8:44am | IP Logged Quote graciefaith

Does anyone know of the Rosary in MP3 form? We have an MP3 player and i'd love to say the rosary or listen to it while i exercise or out walking etc.
Back to Top View graciefaith's Profile Search for other posts by graciefaith

Jamberry77
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2006 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote Jamberry77

Viv,

Mark Mallett, a Canadian songwriter/singer (who is Catholic and has seven or eight children), has a great rosary cd at his website,

Mark Mallett. You can hear bits of it at his website. His Apostles' Creed song is great. He sings the Our Fathers and Glory Be's also, and the Hail Mary's are spoken. Each set of five mysteries is 30 minutes long. He has a different melody for the Glory Be depending on which mysteries you are on.

I also really like his once a month emails he sends out. He once had a thought/vision/whatever of someday, thousands of Protestants rushing to Catholic churches, adoring the Eucharist, pushing to get to Jesus, loving Him.

My sister gave a "A Rosary for the Family" CD that is 16 minutes long but some of the meditations aren't really for younger listeners (about societal problems).

Love,
Kelly in NC, mom to two boys, 8 and 4
Back to Top View Jamberry77's Profile Search for other posts by Jamberry77

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 20 2006 at 10:25am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Magnificat wrote:
A big second for"Through the Eyes of His Mother" by Mark Forrest and Fr. Peffley.
We always make sure this CD is in the car for those long trips. Fr. Peffley gives wonderful meditations for each mystery, making it easy for adults and children as well, to focus on prayer and Christ. The kids have been lulled to sleep many a late evening by Mark Forrest and his music.

Not to mention the fact that Fr. Peffley is a dear friend and awesome juggler, huh, Charlotte?? He does have a way with children and my kids love to hear him on CD.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

Magnificat
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 20 2006 at 10:38am | IP Logged Quote Magnificat

Elizabeth wrote:

Not to mention the fact that Fr. Peffley is a dear friend and awesome juggler, huh, Charlotte?? He does have a way with children and my kids love to hear him on CD.

Yes!! We sure miss him here, as we live South of you N.Virginians! He baptized Aaron, my 7 year old then infant and put on a show for all the kids during the party afterwards! Aaron thinks it's just awesome hearing "his" priest on CD!

rm4mrfrus
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2006 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote rm4mrfrus

My children also like Our Lady's Musical Rosary by Donna Cori Gibson. We only have the Sorrowful and Joyful Mysteries on tape and they dearly want the other 2 as well. They ask almost every day if we can sing our Rosary along with the tape.

I'm making a list of suggestions here for when we have a bit of play $!!

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2006 at 4:20pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Elizabeth wrote:
Catholic Exchange asked me to expand that blog entry and in the new version, I am recommending a second CD as well, though the St. Therese one from this blog entry is still my number one favorite.

I saw this when you first mentioned it and it really looks great - is it only Amazon that sells it? I think at the time I tried to do a google search on it, and I couldn't bring anything else up on it but maybe I could have searched it with better key words or something - just be interested to know as I've never ordered from Amazon, when I order things from the US (often enough) I usually ring them in person.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2006 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

Elizabeth wrote:
The other one I like is done by international Irish tenor Mark Forrest, with his wife Muriel and a local priest, Fr. Fran Peffley. Forrest's voice is amazing and the CD "Through the Eyes of His Mother" is very well done. You can buy it here, at Mark's website. Be forewarned: all his other CDs are awesome too!

Hi, is the Mark Forrest cd a sung or spoken Rosary? The samples on the site are for music only. Also, if there is background music during the Rosary, what is it like? Thank you!

5athome
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 03 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote 5athome

The rosary is spoken - for me it took a little getting used to because the prayers are said by 3 different voices, sometimes chnging midstream which I found odd and first. In the background is a very light piano instrumental type music during the spoken rosary and descriptions of the myteries. It also is interspersed with wonderful religious songs. I just bought this and the Christmas cd based on the mention here and have been so pleased! It arrived 3 days after I ordered from his site and I know I will be back.
Back to Top View 5athome's Profile Search for other posts by 5athome

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 03 2006 at 5:55pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

aussieannie wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:

I saw this when you first mentioned it and it really looks great - is it only Amazon that sells it? I think at the time I tried to do a google search on it, and I couldn't bring anything else up on it but maybe I could have searched it with better key words or something - just be interested to know as I've never ordered from Amazon, when I order things from the US (often enough) I usually ring them in person.

I found it on ebay months ago (and should have stocked up--they were much less expensive) but I haven't seen it recently.

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 03 2006 at 11:20pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

I just found the "Praying the Rosary with St. Therese" CD at the publisher's website. The price is the same (plus shipping and handling) but I like to have more of the profit go straight to these small publisher if I can afford it. Here is the link.

There is also a fairly nice length audio sample of the web page. I have dial-up so I'm not sure how long it is (maybe a decade?)

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Karen T
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote Karen T

graciefaith wrote:
Does anyone know of the Rosary in MP3 form? We have an MP3 player and i'd love to say the rosary or listen to it while i exercise or out walking etc.

You can take any CD and record it on your computer in mp3 format with Windows media player (or in Ipod's format using I tunes if you use that).

karen
Back to Top View Karen T's Profile Search for other posts by Karen T

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 1:08am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Has anyone heard anything about this Rosary CD?

Contemplative Rosary

There is no review listed, and I don't want to buy blind.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

MrsKey
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote MrsKey

I really like the Rosary CD by Fr. Kevin Scallon and Dana.

I also really like the Stations of the Cross cd that they did together.

Back to Top View MrsKey's Profile Search for other posts by MrsKey

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote doris

We've got a rosary CD with JPII saying the rosary in Latin. Absolutely beautiful. (The English version comes from Knock but appears to be the parish priest with a few grannies...)

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2008 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I've written before about one of my favorite Catholic singers: Donna Cori Gibson

In Christmases past, I've given the godmothers her CDs.

One of those godmothers sent me this link this morning: Donna Cori Gibson sings the rosary.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Mare
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote Mare

[QUOTE=MrsKey] I really like the Rosary CD by Fr. Kevin Scallon and Dana.
QUOTE]

That is my favorite too!

Back to Top View Mare's Profile Search for other posts by Mare

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:55pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

MrsKey wrote:
I really like the Rosary CD by Fr. Kevin Scallon and Dana.

I take this with me to the hospital for labor and delivery.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version