Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Is Planned Parenthood going down? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 23 2015 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

I know that here at 4Real our main focus is not politics, but I have to say I am giddy- GIDDY- at the thought of Planned Parenthood being shut down.

This has been a summer of such incredibly sick news, and this last business about PP is revolting from every angle (as if PP wasn't awful enough already).

In our diocese we are petitioning Our Lady of Guadalupe daily to help close the abortion clinic here in town by December 12 of this year. I am praying that PP will close its doors forever and that will lead to the end of the clinic here as well

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 23 2015 at 7:30pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble here, I am so thankful that the truth about Planned Parenthood is coming out and even their supporters are finally waking up. But I'm also quite pessimistic about what this administration will actually do about it. Already they've been spinning it with the help of mainstream media, and already they're turning things around and upside down and going after the guys that filmed those videos.

Abortion is the sacred cow and many people in power will go to great lengths to keep it legal. Safe and rare is another matter but I'll stop here. Joining you guys in prayer that this abomination may be eliminated once and for all.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2015 at 5:50am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Yes, Stef. I must admit that the videos didn't make a huge impact on me because I know that, for all the rhetoric that most abortion supporters give, they actually do not care about or even believe what they are saying. They KNOW it is a human, and they are okay with that.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2015 at 9:34am | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

yeah for most people, they really do know what they're doing, and they've hardened themselves against it believing that it's the greater good, that there's no other way to help women who don't want to be pregnant and are. And confronting them with this will only make them go on the defensive.

But I still believe this is a step in the right direction. It's way more personal than the anonymous "fetus". And I think in the next months as they have space to really think about it, you'll find people backing away from being quite so hard core.. oh they might still be pro-choice but that's because they don't have an alternative.

What needs to happen is not so much piling on more horror but in proclaiming ways to help women that doesn't involve killing babies.. they need that to step away from the "but there's no other way so we have to have abortions".

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2015 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

I don't know... I see this as a small victory. The absolute horror of abortion- can it get worse- yes: you can show videos of a creepy woman with a drink in one hand saying she wants to buy an expensive car and is selling dead baby parts to fund herself.

I think the sheer crassness of her crime is turning people away from Planned Parenthood. It is furnishing further proof about how low, nasty and heinous this whole "business" is.

Even if only one person sees this story on the news or reads about in the newspaper and has a change of heart, that is progress to me.   I know the war is still raging, but some scandals are really, really hard to come back from. Sometimes empires crumble little by little.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2015 at 3:03pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Here's what Matt Walsh said just now.. I think this sums it up nicely... they dropped the ball.. it's time for us to grab it and run..

Matt Walsh wrote:
July 28 in DC. Rally to defund Planned Parenthood. This is just the beginning. The first step is to defund abortion, but the next is to finally criminalize it. People have asked me why we should worry merely about defunding Planned Parenthood rather than shutting it down altogether. Well, that is the final goal, of course. But now, with these recent videos, and more to come, we have a moment. An opportunity. Now is the time to seize that opportunity and do with it what we can. This is just the first step, but it's important we all join in it. We might never get another chance like this.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2015 at 3:17pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Yes= what he said!

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 25 2015 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

what gives me most hope -- although it's really painful for them -- are the post-abortive women and former supporters who are starting to see the light.

‘Never again:’ Former Planned Parenthood supporters express anger on Facebook

What Planned Parenthood's "Tissue Harvesting" Program Means to Me- The Post Abortive Mother

Let's keep praying.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 25 2015 at 9:51am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

I wrote two posts on it recently, if anyone's interested

Sex Education Is How We Got to “Body Parts”

Till We Have Faces: The Unmasking of Planned Parenthood

If anyone here decides to write about it, please let me know so I can link to you too.

mom to five

pumpkinmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 27 2015 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote pumpkinmom

The PP closest to us has remained open even though they haven't had a doctor on staff to perform abortions (2 years??). That is changing and a date for next month was given that they will be performing them again. Prayers please! There is a pro-life team who prays daily at this location and the leader is pretty determined that the prayers will stop this. They have been very successful in the past and they kept doctors away from this location and have changed some women's minds. More prayers would be helpful as this has saved many babies! (The next PP is two hours away. A drive I hope has prevented many abortions!)

Back to Top View pumpkinmom's Profile Search for other posts by pumpkinmom

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2015 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

My daughter was at the Defund Planned Parenthood rally in DC yesterday - a lot of the speeches were very moving and gave me hope that things will change.

Today our "Catholic" governor refused to investigate Planned Parenthood in Virginia.

I highly recommend this video of Senator Lankford's speech on July 16 - one of the best I have heard.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2015 at 3:38pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Yes- we watched that one... very moving!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 03 2015 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Please pray now

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 04 2015 at 12:01am | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

I was encouraged to see WV Senator Joe Manchin take a stand in favor of further investigations of PP. He may or may not vote to defund PP in future votes, but he is clearly looking out for his constituents' well-being right now. He wants to know the truth - this is consistent with his behavior in office as a Senator and as Governor of WV.

Let's pray that many more elected representatives conduct their own searches for the truth about this very important issue.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version