Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Picture Book Discoveries
 4Real Forums : Picture Book Discoveries
Subject Topic: A Nest is Noisy etc... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
knowloveserve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 01 2015 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote knowloveserve

Seems like Dianna Hutts Aston's fanfare ended shortly after "A Butterfly is Patient". We all oohed and ahhed over the original titles of "An Egg is Quiet" and "A Seed is Sleepy" but I don't recall seeing any discussion about "A Rock is Lively..." but maybe I missed it?

I just read her newest one A Nest is Noisy and didn't think it would vary much from the Egg book but it did! It did!

It's another great one in one of my favorite naturalist series... covering not just interesting bird nests but also certain insects, frogs, turtles and more. Thumbs up!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 02 2015 at 5:32am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I believe you are right there hasn't been discussion per se, but I have tried to mention each of them as they have been published. Like you, I LOVE them and agree they are a favorite naturalist series. So lovely and informative.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2015 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Awesome. LOVE these books! I think they make nice Easter basket gifts, but I don't know if I can wait until then.

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 02 2015 at 11:36am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

We read the rock book this spring as part of our geology studies- beautiful illustrations in that one.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

knowloveserve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2015 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote knowloveserve

MaryM wrote:
I believe you are right there hasn't been discussion per se, but I have tried to mention each of them as they have been published. Like you, I LOVE them and agree they are a favorite naturalist series. So lovely and informative.

Ah! I see they have not been lost in the shuffle!

Thank you!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 02 2015 at 8:58pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

knowloveserve wrote:
It's another great one in one of my favorite naturalist series... covering not just interesting bird nests but also certain insects, frogs, turtles and more. Thumbs up!

You know, Ellie, I've been thinking about this since I read how you had worded this. I had never really thought of it as a naturalist "series" just beautiful nature pictures books by same author. But that is so right - they really are a naturalist series. They would be a perfect living science curriculum/unit for elementary age.

Hmmmmm....wheels turning.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 03 2015 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

MaryM wrote:
knowloveserve wrote:

You know, Ellie, I've been thinking about this since I read how you had worded this. I had never really thought of it as a naturalist "series" just beautiful nature pictures books by same author. But that is so right - they really are a naturalist series. They would be a perfect living science curriculum/unit for elementary age.

Hmmmmm....wheels turning.

That is a lovely idea!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

knowloveserve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 04 2015 at 1:40am | IP Logged Quote knowloveserve

A fresh spine is sometimes in order.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register