Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Special Blessings
 4Real Forums : Special Blessings
Subject Topic: Dyslexic assisted devices Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
cheesehead mom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 20 2015 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote cheesehead mom

My 14 year severe dyslesic has made great strides with Orton Gillingham Tutoring but as his last evaluation but spelling will likely never really come (as my Muthrs day card, which I love of course, will attest to). He does audio books when necessary and we tried speech to text dragon software this year but he REALLY prefers to physically write. And despite the fact that the spelling is horrid and he prints as cursive is chinese for him.. his content is good. SO, does anyone know of a device out there that could help him...aside from typing and using autocorrect, which is coming along albeit slowly. Or is there a yahoo group out there you would recommend that may have suggestions? Thanks so much.
Back to Top View cheesehead mom's Profile Search for other posts by cheesehead mom

Mrs. B
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 20 2015 at 4:01pm | IP Logged Quote Mrs. B

We've been using sequential spelling, and I have my dd14 use a electronic dictionary/spell check device when she tries to write paragraphs. I've been seeing some improvement over the year so maybe she'll get a bit better. We also did two years of tutoring. She may never have an easy time of it spelling wise but she is creative and tries to write and loves poetry. I'm hoping as she gets older she will be more interested in self improvement, but I think that will come with more maturity.

Back to Top View Mrs. B's Profile Search for other posts by Mrs. B

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version