Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: China special needs adoption/agencies?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
setonmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 23 2015 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote setonmom

Looking for recommendations/ advice from people have completed a special needs adoption from China. We would adopting either a "special focus" or LID_ONLY from teh waiting child program.Especially we are looking for recommendations for agencies- thanks in advance!
Setonmom
Back to Top View setonmom's Profile Search for other posts by setonmom

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2015 at 1:47pm | IP Logged Quote jawgee

We didn't adopt from China, but I wanted to recommend the agency Wide Horizons for Children. I know they do a lot of work with China and, with a password from them, you can log in to see the list of waiting children.

We really liked WHFC when we adopted from Korea 6 years ago.

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 23 2015 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Contact Mary Alice (wamegomom) - one of our members here. She has numerous experiences with special needs adoptions from China. Amazing woman. I don't think she is visiting here much so might not see this post, but if you pm her I am sure she would be happy to share resources and info with you.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2015 at 11:32pm | IP Logged Quote Aagot

AAC has a good reputation and I have a friend who has used them for 3 adoptions from China.
Best wishes
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

wamegomom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 25 2015 at 9:33pm | IP Logged Quote wamegomom

Hi, everyone! I guess we are experienced around here as we adopted seven children and 6 are Chinese (one is a "cheater" kid because she is Taiwanese but born here in Kansas to college students so we didn't have to go anywhere further than an hour drive to go get her!). I also used to work for an adoption agency. That said, I have to recommend WACAP in Seattle.

We used them for our last two adoptions which were of older teenage children with medical special needs who were aging out of the Chinese system (our dd Helen has cerebral palsy and our ds Brad has spina bifida). They really went the extra mile and then some. All of the staff in their China program are very experienced and knowledgeable and easy to communicate with. Often they have reductions in fees for children with special needs and can help you find grants. They know all the ins and outs of dealing with both China and the US Immigration rules (which are pretty incredible).

We adopted Helen in December of 2010 with literally 10 hours to spare before she aged out. I don't know another agency that would have had that incredible "make it happen" commitment. When we were adopting Brad, my dh Ed got sick with pneumonia and right after we got our final approval he died. Brad was less than 6 weeks away from aging out and not being able to be adopted. When I called WACAP to tell them that Ed had died, I told them that literally among his last words were "Go to China; just go get Brad." They weren't sure if it would be possible to file all over again as a single parent that fast (new home study and all the six-weeks-in-the-lockbox at immigration rule and fees.....) but they promised they would try. Next day they called me and said that the US agreed and then China did too. My home study agency wrote a fast update (our social worker loves us so much she came to Ed's funeral) and Immigration waived the thousand dollar refiling fee and the paperwork for six weeks in the lock box rule. About a month after Ed died, my youngest son David and I were on our way to China to bring Brad Edward home. I don't think any other agency could have done this (of course I am sure they got a lot of Divine Intervention and some heavy duty prayers from Brad's Daddy). We will always be grateful for WACAP and what they did for our children. I can't recommend them enough. You would be in the best possible hands with them. Check them out at wacap.org
Back to Top View wamegomom's Profile Search for other posts by wamegomom

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2015 at 12:03am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Mary Alice, I am in tears! Such a beautiful story! Our children often ask if we can adopt again. You are an inspiration!

Much love   

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

setonmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 27 2015 at 9:35am | IP Logged Quote setonmom

Thank you so much moms! And wamegomom, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I am so touched by the beauty of your husband's soul- thinking of others in his final hours.
Setonmom
Back to Top View setonmom's Profile Search for other posts by setonmom

wamegomom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 27 2015 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote wamegomom

Thanks, ladies. For Ed it was always about me and the kids. He actually apologized for dying (we knew for sure about 24 hours before he died that there was no other antibiotic on the market that would kill acetinobacter pneumonia and that his time on earth was very limited) before I could easily go to China and bring Brad home. He has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known. He would be an excellent intercessor for adoptions.

Mary Alice in Kansas
Back to Top View wamegomom's Profile Search for other posts by wamegomom

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version