Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Journaling Bible Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 17 2015 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Do you have one? Have you seen one?
Journaling Bibles seem to be popping up everywhere, and this weekend I had the chance to flip through a friend's version. It was really beautiful... not so much because the art work was super fabulous (though it was pretty amazing), but just because it was such a work of love.

Basically, a journaling Bible is a regular bible with very wide margins that allow space for writing, drawing, painting, stickers, pictures, etc.
Then it is up to the owner to fill up all that blank space.

I think this would be a great creative project for kids who like to doodle, for young artists, or even as a whole family bible study: read several passages, then everyone decorate the margin in their own style. I could see a teen really going to town with this.

I am on the hunt for a Catholic bible with wide margins that would work for this project...

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 17 2015 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I have not seen those Bibles, and I don't know of a Catholic offering. Somewhere I saw specific books of the Bible offered separately with the text up top and space for journaling and notes below, but I can't remember where that was!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 18 2015 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

I saw several on Pinterest (not Catholic), and actually tried one of my own last year (not really a Journaling Bible but everytime I read it I made an entry (doodles, sketches, notes) into my journal. But I couldn't keep it up so now I use the journal as a homily/prayer journal, sometimes Bible journal, but my main Bible reading journal I keep on a Google doc, since I read the Bible early in the morning in bed on my phone when hubby and Nino are still sleeping and it's so much easier to copy paste passages and make notes as I go. Hopefully will translate one day into more artsy journal pages. :)

Maybe Michele or Margot or some other Catholic publisher could publish one! I'd go for it.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

pascualamb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 31 2015 at 2:33am | IP Logged Quote pascualamb

I've been really interested in this too since I've seen so many beautiful examples lately. Since I couldn't find a Catholic Journaling bible I am going to start using a Midori style notebook with booklets for this purpose. That's my goal anyway. :)
Back to Top View pascualamb's Profile Search for other posts by pascualamb

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote Jenny

Unfortunately there is not a Catholic Journaling Bible available yet. The only Bible that includes all the books of the Bible is the NRSV Notetakers Bible. You can find them on Amazon, but they are out of print so the prices can be quite high at times.
NRSV Notetaker's Bible

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 25 2016 at 8:50am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Still waiting on that Catholic version.   

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 25 2016 at 9:35am | IP Logged Quote Jenny

Me too Cay. I've reached out to TAN and St Benedict's Press letting them know there is a real need.

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 26 2016 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Me, too! I saw there is a new one to be released soon on Amazon, but I don't think it's a Catholic bible, and I was so hoping ti would be!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version