Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
St. Anne's Tearoom: Growing in Wisdom over 40
 4Real Forums : St. Anne's Tearoom: Growing in Wisdom over 40
Subject Topic: Vitamins over 40 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 06 2014 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

I've taken pre-natals for the last 14 years. Now, approaching 43 and feeling like my body needs something different, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a multi-vitamin or did you continue with your pre-natal and add a supplement? I know we're all different, but I'm curious what others have done at this crossroad.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 06 2014 at 7:04pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

prenatals or similar are probably still the best, as long as there's a possibility of pregnancy you'll want to have enough folic acid since neural tube defects also tend to increase with maternal age. Plus as long as you're still having periods you should be getting iron.

Now it may be depending on what prenatal you use that you might choose to up it. I prefer something that's equivelent more or less to the Rainbow Light Prenatal System (the 6 pills a day one) My biggies to get enough of are B's, D's, c's, magnesium, potassium.. I also take some herbs.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version