Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What are you up to now? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 18 2014 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

Ohh...and when I do check in, I soooo wish there was a "like" button to let people know I read your post, I liked it, I'm thinking about you etc. That is one thing about FB I like.   

Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 18 2014 at 8:51pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

CrunchyMom wrote:
We decided that, as much as we have fought it over the years, the envelope system really works, so we are giving that a go again after trying and failing at other systems in the years since we first tried it.

Lindsay...I am always afraid I'll lose those pesky envelopes and alllll our money esp if out running errands (not to mention amongst the clutter of the house). How do you keep from doing that??

Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 18 2014 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

Sally...your post cracked me up!! I do "see" you on FB sometimes. ;-) And how can your oldest possibly be graduating already?!?!?! And, plug away for Homeschool Connections. That's on my list of considerations for DS and (maybe even oldest DD) next year...if not some summer courses too.

Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 18 2014 at 8:59pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

JodieLyn wrote:

And I'm trying to chop up onions for the freezer (4lbs for a $1 so I got a lot) and it's making my eyes hurt.

Somewhere once we heard that if you keep a piece of bread in your mouth while chopping, it helps keep the fumes from going in your eyes.    I think it works as we tried it once.

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 12:43am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I just met an american family last Saturday at a Confirmation Mass. My girls were singing in the choir for the Mass and our young priest introduced me to the family. We could only talk for about 10 minutes. They are army and the husband works for NATO, which is why they are in the area. There is no US military base nearby.
This is big for me. The few americans I have met here are not Catholic and live a totally different lifestyle as we do. The mom and I exchanged numbers, but I have yet to call. I am nervous.   I'm thinking I could suggest meeting in the bigger city to go Christmas shopping together and have a hot chocolate in a cafe...

It is unbelievable that Advent is just 10 days from now! I need 2 extra weeks please!

I tried a great new recipe with chicory. Ingredients: chicory, bacon, apples, swiss cheese. If anyone is interested...

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Motherhood Tip of the Week:

Do NOT take your 10-year-old to see King Lear, even if her brother is in it and will be hurt if the entire family doesn't turn out for opening night, unless you get a promise from her in writing beforehand that she will SHUT HER EYES AND COVER HER EARS when you say, "SHUT YOUR EYES AND COVER YOUR EARS."

The cast, crew, director, and some members of the opening-night audience are apparently still asking my son if his little sister is okay.

(answer: she is, but next time she'll believe me when I say she should shut her eyes).

Sally

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 12:45am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I think I made a mistake with my ingredients. Maybe the vegetable is called endives, not chicory. In German: Chicoree.
I know there is an English word chicory, but it just might be something else ?

Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Aagot

Ann,
I Would bet it is endive. Although they are related, i know that endive is cultivated year round in Belgium ( probably Germany too?) . Chicory leaves are usually gathered in the spring, like Dandilions.

Did you plan that shopping trip with the American you met?
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Yes, they are from Belgium, the endives. The season for them has just begun. Thanks

Yes, after posting yesterday I just picked up the phone and called. It is as if writing it here gave me courage!
We are planning to meet on Monday. Her parents and inlaws are also in town, so probably the mothers will accompany her also. Sometimes I feel like such a social loser (in some circles)   
I will report after Monday.

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 8:51pm | IP Logged Quote Aagot

Oh, Stephanie,
I hope you have a wonderful time!
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic