Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: my office Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
drmommy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 18 2014 at 10:31am | IP Logged Quote drmommy

A year and a half ago I brought home my Dad to live with us. He is immobile and had a stroke due to atrial fibrillation. He also has dementia, so it has been a very difficult road for me and my girls (I have 2 teens, and one 12 year old with special needs-cerebral palsy). Dad and I were business partners (both chiropractors), but I am having a hard time balancing working outside the house by myself in a not-so-great area (was a great area when Dad built the office), homeschooling (I won't give that up! It is my love), running a business, and then dealing with his needs (he is somewhat incontinent, very crabby and demanding due to the dementia), and then keeping up with the house, and providing for my children's school and emotional needs.   My business has definitely not done as well, as I do not spend the time at the office like I did before, due to home emergencies.

So, the office is up for sale. And has been for a year and a half. I still go there 3 days per week to treat some patients and keep an eye on the office (graffiti and sometimes the homeless camp out in my parking lot). I need and want to come home on a full time basis. I have said many novenas (St. Joseph, St. Josemaria, Rosary, St. Anthony, St. Rita, St. Jude) but to no avail.

So, now I need prayers to help me accept God's Will. My girls are having a hard time with balancing everything too, let alone me. I have fasted also for this intention. No answers or action. For the first time in my life I am questioning God. Yes, my intellect knows that we need to trust, etc., but my heart is breaking, and my soul is in anguish over all of this. Other family members are too busy with their own needs to help, but they do help buying Ensure for Dad. I had a spinal fracture 8 years ago, and when lifting him up 3 weeks ago, I stressed the fracture site again, and was bedridden for a week. As for nurse help, Dad does not have any money and is not eligible for help due to him owning property. He does get a little Social Security, but most of that is used to keep the office going until it sells (property taxes, electric, gas, building insurance, maintenance, etc.) It is so hard driving into work, knowing that my girls are taking care of Dad at home. It is a weird situation, but I have exhausted most solutions.

I appreciate all the prayers. I usually don't post too often, but I feel so desperate in this situation, that I had to ask!
Back to Top View drmommy's Profile Search for other posts by drmommy

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2014 at 11:06am | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Many prayers for you! And many hugs! Offering my little sufferings this day for you and your family.    

anitamarie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2014 at 11:07am | IP Logged Quote anitamarie

I'm so sorry. You are carrying a heavy burden right now. I will be praying for you.
Anita
Back to Top View anitamarie's Profile Search for other posts by anitamarie

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 18 2014 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Adding my prayers.

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 18 2014 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

This sounds like a terribly hard and stressful situation- it's hard to see God's plan in it all, but there is one.

Sometimes I think the hardest thing God asks us to do is wait.
His timing is perfect, His plan for us is perfect, but we are tired, human, stressed, etc.   I know I always want God to hurry up already- sheesh.

I will definitely your family in my prayers.   

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 22 2014 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Just seeing this and praying. God bless, help, and keep you, now and always.

Sally

Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 23 2014 at 3:00pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

Praying for you to find some answers and peace. What a challenging time for you all.

drmommy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote drmommy

UPDATE

I have a buyer on November 1st! But, when I went into the office, the rain leaked through my second treatment room and flooded the carpet! I am so excited to have a buyer (a dentist)...could you please pray that he still wants the building, even if at a reduced price?

I am also asking prayers for patience and strength, as my Dad's dementia is getting worse, and he is now getting mean to my girls. And, to pray for the girls also?

I am so excited to possibly sell the building, that I can hardly sleep!! To be at home with my family will be so nice!

Thank you ladies SO much for praying for me and for your support! Your intentions also will be in my weekday Mass, Rosary, and Divine Mercy Chaplet (the benefits of working far, is one gets to say the prayers)!

I really do appreciate all the prayers. Bridget
Back to Top View drmommy's Profile Search for other posts by drmommy

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Bless you Bridget - I am praying.

And especially for your dad and your family. Dementia is so very hard - and you are so good to take care of your dad. We had a similar situation with my mil.

Blessed Louis Martin pray for us!

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 11:18am | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Praying that the sale goes through without any problems, that you will have peace of mind during the process and that God will enfold your family in His arms as you continue to care for your father.

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 11:41am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Praying mightily for this sale!!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 10:13pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

How wonderful! Praying that all goes smoothly with the sale--I know the mixed emotions of the wait involved before closing.

Praying for you, your father, and your daughters. Praying that caring for your father will be blessing to you all even in the midst of the difficulties and suffering that such care can bring. Praying that you will have clear guidance for all decisions you must make for his care.

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 06 2014 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

praying!!!!

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 06 2014 at 8:13am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

Praying hard

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

hsmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 06 2014 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote hsmom

Will be praying for you and your family's intentions.            
Back to Top View hsmom's Profile Search for other posts by hsmom

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version