Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Literature
 4Real Forums : Living Literature
Subject Topic: Michelangelo Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 15 2014 at 12:42pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm looking for older chapter books on Michelangelo. Signature and Landmark didn't do any titles.

Any recommendations that will not have questionable material?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 15 2014 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

There is a nice little chapter in Little People Who Became Great by Laura A. Large. Haven't come across a full chapter book.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

claireg
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 16 2014 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote claireg

I have the Michelangelo picture study portfolio from simply charlotte mason. It has biography recommendations and one of them is the wings of an eagle: the story of Michelangelo by Anne merriman peck. I haven't read it and I think it's out of print, but it's written from a catholic perspective.
Back to Top View claireg's Profile Search for other posts by claireg

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 16 2014 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

claireg wrote:
I have the Michelangelo picture study portfolio from simply charlotte mason. It has biography recommendations and one of them is the wings of an eagle: the story of Michelangelo by Anne merriman peck. I haven't read it and I think it's out of print, but it's written from a catholic perspective.

I just remembered today I have this copy. Yippee for me! It was published by Credo Books. It's a Catholic series from the early 1960s. Printed by Hawthorn books, Catholic Digest Junior Book Shelf editions. I haven't made spreadsheets/tables of some of my smaller Catholic book series, and that's why I forgot!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 16 2014 at 11:58pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

JennGM wrote:
I haven't made spreadsheets/tables of some of my smaller Catholic book series, and that's why I forgot!

You need to do that...and share them with us so we can drool over what you have.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 03 2014 at 2:17am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Okay - so these are not chapter books, but since I was on the lookout for Michelangelo books found these two picture books. Had read one before. The other was new to me. Both fun ones in the picture book genre if interested.

The Stone Giant: Michelangelo's David and How He Came to Be (Jane Sutcliff) - very intereating story/history of the carving of David - need to be comfortable with kids seeing the statue in all its glory.

Michelangelo's Surprise (Tony Parillo) - based on little known story, interesting look at the time

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version