Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
High School Years and Beyond
 4Real Forums : High School Years and Beyond
Subject Topic: 9th grade Science suggestion? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Wheatheartaca
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 04 2014 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote Wheatheartaca

I also posted this on the Science forum. Not too rigorous, book based, old-earth, get-it-done curriculum for a vocal music minded young lady who thinks Science is boring. However..lately she's been asking how can ppl be new earth if the dinosaurs existed so long ago. She says she wants a book based so she can basically focus on it until she blows through it and be done with it. I think she would enjoy some type of online class. Any suggestions?
Back to Top View Wheatheartaca's Profile Search for other posts by Wheatheartaca

At_His_Feet
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 16 2014 at 3:22am | IP Logged Quote At_His_Feet

Have you seen PAC Science? It's a read the text fill I the blanks type curriculum, but my non academic ds16 really enjoys it. It is young earth. Not sure if it's what you are thinking of, but I was amazed at how much my son enjoys it.

Tricia

Back to Top View At_His_Feet's Profile Search for other posts by At_His_Feet Visit At_His_Feet's Homepage

ekbell
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 16 2014 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote ekbell

What subject is she really interested in?

If she's interested in Creation, science, and the presumed conflict between the two (with a healthy dose of why we don't need to believe in a young earth) a good place to start would be _Creator and Creation_ by Mary O. Daly.

Back to Top View ekbell's Profile Search for other posts by ekbell

Wheatheartaca
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 25 2014 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote Wheatheartaca

Ok, I will check out both. Thank you so much ladies! We still have not made a Science decision thus she has not started any Science. OY!
Back to Top View Wheatheartaca's Profile Search for other posts by Wheatheartaca

Wheatheartaca
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 26 2014 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote Wheatheartaca

What is PAC Science? What do the initials stand for?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version