Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Poison Ivy Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
pumpkinmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 02 2014 at 7:11pm | IP Logged Quote pumpkinmom

I've had poison ivy for over a week now (11 days?) and I'm wondering how long it can spread? I have two spots from initial contact that is healing. They are no longer blisters but very red. I have another spot that I got from crossing my leg and not realizing I had poison ivy and it spread there. That spot still has blisters and is a little itchy. Can it spread anymore? I'm not sleeping because I'm trying to make sure the poison ivy spots are not touching another part of my body and I really could use a good night of sleep and not waking up freaking out because I moved and I could be infecting another area. This is only the second time I've had it in 10 years and it wasn't too bad. It spread more than the first time I had it but didn't itch much.

Back to Top View pumpkinmom's Profile Search for other posts by pumpkinmom

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 02 2014 at 7:53pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

I have no clue on the spreading, however, when my ds got poison ivy really bad I learned about tea tree oil. Once i cut it with a mixture of olive oil and tee tree and once I did straight tee tree. The were super effective at stopping it in tracks and beginning the healing. The last bough healed very quickly because we caught it early and applied tee tree a few times.   

Be warned, no one will love the tee tree treatment. But it sure worked for us.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 02 2014 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I think if it's weepy it can spread. Why not wear some sort of jammie pants and shirt so that you can sleep without touching other parts?

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

setonmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 03 2014 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote setonmom

my son had a terrible case of poison ivy ( blisters and edema on his face) and found some relief with something called Zanfil. You can buy it a a pharmacy. It is like an exfoliating scrub, it is supposed to remove the urushiol, I think it also removes the dead skin and keeps the itching down. The stuff is expensive but at least for my son it did work.
Back to Top View setonmom's Profile Search for other posts by setonmom

Misty
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 09 2014 at 9:38am | IP Logged Quote Misty

I'm an all natural girl and we have had a lot of poison ivy this year. Here's the drill:
garlic minced and placed on it (burns but works)
lemongrass oil - neat (also burns) & lavendar (stops itching)
Burts Bees Poison Ivy Soap every hour

Not fun but it will kick it and stop the spreading. So sorry to hear you have it. My kids had a terrible bout this spring and we did it with the above and it was short lived although we didn't catch it for a day or two (boys and under clothes it started)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version