Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Proclick Question Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 15 2014 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote jawgee

Anyone have experience with the 5/8" spines (.625, or 110 pages)? We are planning to bind a book for the highschoolers we have in our CCM co-op and I'd like to know how well the bigger binding holds up. We have about a dozen books to bind (about 100 pages each).

Anyone have experience with those?

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 16 2014 at 6:41am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

I don't have the box anymore -- but I'm pretty sure that's what I bought and my binders have all been great. Now some of my boys are little and have dropped and stepped on their books and some "combs" have broken because of that... but even still the notebook worked. And I feel like I packed a TON of papers into it.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 16 2014 at 6:55am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I think you'll be fine with a ⅝" coil for 100 pages, Monica. The ⅝" coil will hold about 120 pages...BUT...to do that the paper weight would have to be pretty flimsy and it's hard to turn pages when that many are bound...but the coil size WILL hold it. So, your book of 100 pages should be just fine! You'd even be able to add a couple of card stock covers if you wanted and still be ok.

As far as holding up...I still have original coils in use that I purchased 4 years ago. We bind books, unzip them, and re-bind with old coils. My 4 year old coils are still doing great and we...pack them, shelve them, open them, zip and unzip them, drop them, shove them in a bag...in other words, they're not "babied." I have been so pleased that I invested in this one learning room tool! It's in use in some way every.single.day and really makes collecting groups of papers neat and tidy!

Just in case someone searches, ends up here, and wants to know more about the Proclick - there is an entire thread on At Home Book Binding which includes a substantial amount about the Proclick binding tool as well as different size coils and reviews.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 16 2014 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote jawgee

Thanks for that info, Jen! I had read some reviews of the 5/8" coil that were not as durable, so I was hoping for some feedback here.

Thanks for the link, also. I've used that thread so much throughout the past few years. I have to admit that more recently I've been on Craig's List looking at professional binding machines. There are so many options...

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version