Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Retreat Day for Homeschooling Moms Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 08 2014 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

I realize this is pretty late to post information on a retreat that’s happening in less than two weeks.....but life has been pretty crazy.

If you are in West Michigan, or would like to travel to WMI, on Saturday, July 19th from 8am-3pm, we will be hosting our first “Grace Gathering” for homeschooling moms. This is a day of reflection, time to relax and regroup..not a homeschooling conference. We aren’t having vendors, but we are having a used curriculum sale.

Here’s the blog set up to get the word out. Please PM me if you have questions, or leave a question on the blog. I realize the deadline for registration is tomorrow....but if you shoot me a message that you are definitely coming, we can be a little flexible.

West Michigan Grace Gathering

We are planning for this same thing next year, maybe in June, but stay tuned and we will start planning that one soon!

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 14 2014 at 8:38pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Oh, how I would love to join you in West Michigan! My mom is from Grand Rapids and we have spent time there and in the Ludington/Custer area where my great uncle and aunt have a farm. Love, love, love this area.

I can't attend this year, but wanted to offer you my materials from the retreat I put on each year for the local homeschooling moms. I have four years worth of quotes, songs and other inspirational type things. You are welcome to all of it. Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

I pray your retreat is successful! Hope it's a lovely day!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2014 at 11:23pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Oh, Erica!!!! I just saw this!! I would love to see your material! We are having a “wrap up meeting” in a few weeks, so it would be great to see what you have done previously as we plan for next year.

I LOVE Ludington!! We spent July 4th there....the BEST fireworks we have ever, ever seen! If you are ever going to be in the area, you have to let me know. We can meet up. Ludington has a special place in my heart.

We had a TERRIFIC retreat day. I’m humbled and overwhelmed by the positive and heartfelt thanks we received afterwards. It was definitely a Holy Spirit kind of day. Maureen Wittman was outstanding, she really gave us a lot to think about and meditate on....and our priest speaker was wonderful. HIs talk on Marian Spirituality and the Homeschooling Mom was so well done. He started the talk by asking, “Do you know who the first Christian Homeschooling Mother was??” Of course.....Mary!

Thanks again, Erica, for your kind offer....pm me details.
D.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 23 2014 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Erica Sanchez wrote:

I can't attend this year, but wanted to offer you my materials from the retreat I put on each year for the local homeschooling moms. I have four years worth of quotes, songs and other inspirational type things. You are welcome to all of it. Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Erica (and Jen Mack) are coming here (to Denver) next weekend (August 2) to help us put on something similar - one day retreat-ish homeschool workshop (since we aren't having a full conference this year). I know it is last minute but if anyone is nearby and wants to come...    

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version