Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: If you didn't have a desk Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

... How would you outfit a tote to do a similar job?

I'm trying to organize my own "stuff" a little better. Originally, I thought I'd just have a book tote to corral all my reading materials that currently end up taking up space on the love seat where I nurse. But I'm not sure one bag will contain all that I need it to. So I'm thinking now that maybe I need a book tote, a read-aloud tote, and a desk/office tote, and I'm curious to hear what essentials you would stock these with --especially the desk tote. My problem with office supplies has always been that they are ransacked by boys, so I'm hoping if I put them in a pink bag that will help solve the problem!

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

I don't have one, but FlyLady's Office-In-A-Bag might be helpful to you?

Quote:
maybe I need a book tote, a read-aloud tote, and a desk/office tote

sounds brilliant!!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:17pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I've seen lots of ladies online use the Thirty-One utility tote with a hanging file inside for rigidity like this

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 7:19pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

The Thirty One Utility tote and Fly Lady's Office in a Bag both look amazing! For another option, I recently started using a 14 in. wide neoprene laptop case with handles for toting files ~ works like a charm! An open top accordion file fits perfectly inside. Plastic Avery tabbed pocket notebook dividers slide perfectly in and out of the accordion file slots, making it possible to remove papers for any given category more easily. The neoprene affords stretch and give for expanding files, and the top folds back for even better access. An outside pocket nicely accommodates pocket calendar, case with pens & pencils, post-it notes, etc. This setup is easily carted about the house, to appointments and on the road and is more compact than many options I considered. The case I'm using is basic black but there are many pretty versions.   This style (if handles don't matter) or this pink version or brown with pink flowers, are just a few examples.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version