Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Exploring God's Creation in Nature and Science
 4Real Forums : Exploring God's Creation in Nature and Science
Subject Topic: noeo homeschool science Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 05 2008 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Library Video The Way Things Work--DVD

I'll warn you that the theme song is addictive. I'm thinking of adding it to my ipod.   

margot helene
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 07 2008 at 9:21am | IP Logged Quote margot helene

Rachel May wrote:
Library Video The Way Things Work--DVD

WOW - those are so cool!
What I decided was to get both the 4-6 manual and the 1-3 manual. We'll see how I can pull it off!! These DVDs are a great addition!!
THanks
Margot
Back to Top View margot helene's Profile Search for other posts by margot helene Visit margot helene's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 07 2008 at 6:31pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

I can't wait to hear how it goes so I can know for next year. I'll be praying that it's a success, Margot.

RyaneM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2013 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote RyaneM

Bumping this.. any recent Noeo science users? I am thinking about Biology I for my 3rd grader.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2013 at 6:51pm | IP Logged Quote jawgee

We did Bio II last year with an 11YO and a 7YO. My 7YO, who loves science, really loved it. My 11YO, who is more of a history kid, tolerated it. I personally really liked it, and my kids liked the internet links that are included for each week. They would usually spend 20 or 30 minutes each Friday looking at the internet links to see videos of things we read about that week.

We did not do the recommended notebooking, although I did have my 11YO blog about our science reading and experiments from time to time.

Anyway, I liked it well enough that we are doing Chem II this year.

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

3ringcircus
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 30 2013 at 5:56pm | IP Logged Quote 3ringcircus

We had biology I for my very active 1st grader last year (2012/13). I liked it, but we didn't finish it because I wanted to delve even deeper into some of the topics.
-Some of the experiments (the weather ones, specifically, but others, too) were not well-made.
-For sure, the books aren't "living books" and I didn't appreciate doing 1-2 pages of individual books on many days. I think it was a little tricky for my guy to keep focused, but he did learn the topics we studied.
-I did like the level of difficulty and thought it could easily fit several age-levels.
-It makes a well-organized spine, and there's a lot of info in there. I think that gives you a flexible or an open-and-go program
-We did some note-booking, but it was limited more to drawings. The format is great if you need/want to have a portfolio.

We are moving to a more project-based format for HS, but I am still strongly considering getting Chemistry I for this coming year. I just hope that my K student who really wants to do chemistry will appreciate the topics.

Back to Top View 3ringcircus's Profile Search for other posts by 3ringcircus

mommy4ever
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 12 2013 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote mommy4ever

We have started the BIO 2 with dd9. She loves it. Of course, the first unit it Microscopes, so she is using it heavily, for more than needed.

We are doing a notebook sheet a day. I'm not sure what to expect with that. She does a quick sketch, adds definitions and I ask her to write a couple sentences on what she found most interesting.

I'm NOT a science person, so this is easy for me :) It's planned, she is doing it 4x a week. We have the happy scientist videos to add a little more to it. Best $10 spent :) Really likes those.

It was fairly pricey, but considering other things I've tried, this is the biggest hit, and it is so far consistently used. I assist when asked, answer any questions she has, but it's pretty independent so far :)

2 homeschooled(one considering art school!)
ardently praying for a new addition to our family.
Back to Top View mommy4ever's Profile Search for other posts by mommy4ever

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version