Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Blendtec or Vitamix? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 31 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

decisions, decisions...

I am leaning towards the blendtec, if we can swing it, cost-wise.    Which do you prefer and why?

Where is the best place to purchase them?

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 31 2011 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

i'd go with Costco for purchasing. great price and great customer service in case you have problems. and Costco carries both, but at different times.

here's a video that might help comparing the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1AbiyzFMK4

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 31 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

here's another one comparing 5 blenders:

http://youtu.be/FkcgBwbE7nw

i watched them both when i was deciding last year. got a Vitamix and i'm really happy with it!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 31 2011 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

stefoodie wrote:
i watched them both when i was deciding last year. got a Vitamix and i'm really happy with it!

OK, I didn't watch anything but I did get a Vitamix and I'm very happy with it, too. I couln't wait for the Costco purchase on location so I went with a refurbished one online.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 01 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote MelissaClaire

I had a Vitamix and now have a Blendtec. I liked the Blendtec b/c I could grind wheat without buying a different canister. Sometimes my husband misses the plunger on the Vitamix, but most often I've found it isn't needed with the Blentec like it was with the Vitamix.

I don't think you can make a wrong decision with them. Both extremely impressive machines!! (Oh--the Vitamix comes with a MUCH better recipe book though.)

Melissa
Back to Top View MelissaClaire's Profile Search for other posts by MelissaClaire

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote Angel

This is an old thread, but I wonder if three years has resulted in any more opinions? The bottom coupling (whatever it is) on my Vitamix pitcher recently broke, and the motor has also begun to make a horrible screeching sound. This is my 2nd Vitamix motor, and I think we've just emerged from the 7 year warranty.

Because it is so loud and too tall for our kitchen, we'd like to replace it with a quieter, less tall option. The question is do we buy a new Vitamix and use the trade-in option? Or do we buy a Blend-Tec? (Chef's is having a sale right now.) Vitamix customer service has been wonderful, but I think I've broken my Vitamix more often than has been the experience of others. The one thing that bothers me about a Blendtec, though, is the touch pad controls... they seem like an opportunity to break.

Also, I'm not sure I really need one of the super high powered blenders anymore... has technology caught up? Can I make good smoothies with vegetables using a cheaper blender?

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Misty
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 09 2014 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote Misty

Ok I know you didn't ask but we bought the high end Ninja and LOVE it. We had a basic one for over 2 years and it was really good. We use our blender 2-3 times a day on average 'really'. So when the lid finally wouldn't stay put my dh splurged and got me the Professional Ninja. Hands down it works just as good as the Blentec and Vita and I have seen both in person. Just thought I'd add to your confusion LOL but it is a cheaper option

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version