Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Book Stands for Planners Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Oh, I just love Levenger – to drool over…I don’t think I’ve had the budget to buy there.

Maryan, your link didn’t work, was it the Franklin Library Stand Item:FS0160?

That is more what I’m looking for. I think I’ve seen in the past something in the shape of Windowpane Page Holder Bookstand, Small Item: AD4470 with a small compartment underneath. This one is too small for my planner.

Lapalot Lap Desk Item FA2770 is more what I'm looking for, but price is not good laptop desk with hidden compartment.

Thanks for the cookbook holder ideas. I really needed something like that and it just didn't dawn on that I could move "UP" to keep the book out of the way of my splashes.

And Maryan, that first link to those bookstands is JUST delicious. What craftmanship.

Maryan wrote:
An oldfashioned lapdesk is the closest I can find (of course, this one is out of stock: Wooden lap desk (ETA: But Amazon has it.)

This is perfect, except it needs a lip for the planner.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 06 2010 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Why doesn't Levenger let us link?? Your links don't work either! But I suspect you were linking to another one that I liked as well.

I'm going to see if I can design my own. I'd like one small shelf to store paper or files on the bottom and then on top a slanted top with lip for planner and a flip top to store pens, scissors, tapes and stickies underneath. But... we'll see if that happens!    

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 06 2010 at 3:43pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Maryan wrote:
Why doesn't Levenger let us link?? Your links don't work either! But I suspect you were linking to another one that I liked as well.

I'm going to see if I can design my own. I'd like one small shelf to store paper or files on the bottom and then on top a slanted top with lip for planner and a flip top to store pens, scissors, tapes and stickies underneath. But... we'll see if that happens!    

I've added my item numbers since Levenger won't allow direct links.

I like your idea...that's what I want. A slot and a flip top with a lip that can contain items. I'll be first in line to buy your plans.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 06 2010 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Oh my goodness I just discovered this thread! Wow! I don't have time to read through the whole thing right now (it's our 25 yr. anniversary and I am just checking e-mail while waiting for my dh to be ready to go to dinner --yes I am waiting on him!) but wanted to mention one thing; I have tried a lot of different stands and the one thing I require is that the stand does NOT have a lip. I like to be able to flip through my planner while it's on the stand and a lip makes that very difficult.

I use a 7 hole so the binder it's in has pockets for containing slips of paper and such. Of course I realize this may not matter to others but do think about it before you purchase a stand. It didn't even occur to me and a stand I loved is just unusable because of that one problem.

He's ready --we're off!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 06 2010 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MicheleQ wrote:
Oh my goodness I just discovered this thread! Wow! I don't have time to read through the whole thing right now (it's our 25 yr. anniversary and I am just checking e-mail while waiting for my dh to be ready to go to dinner --yes I am waiting on him!) but wanted to mention one thing; I have tried a lot of different stands and the one thing I require is that the stand does NOT have a lip. I like to be able to flip through my planner while it's on the stand and a lip makes that very difficult.

I use a 7 hole so the binder it's in has pockets for containing slips of paper and such. Of course I realize this may not matter to others but do think about it before you purchase a stand. It didn't even occur to me and a stand I loved is just unusable because of that one problem.

Interesting, Michele. I use a binder also for my 7 hole, and I was thinking the binder makes it possible to turn pages. Thanks for offering that perspective. Maybe that little old lap desk will work.

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 06 2010 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

MicheleQ wrote:
the one thing I require is that the stand does NOT have a lip. I like to be able to flip through my planner while it's on the stand and a lip makes that very difficult.

I just thought of this and was coming back to mention it! With a lip, you can't flip pages. Which MAY not be a big deal, if you use your planner mainly as a "to-do-list" during the day. But, if you're constantly adding and writing and scheduling OTHER WEEKS during the day, then the lip would be BAD!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 06 2010 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Haven't read everything just noticed you were have problems linking to items at Levenger..

When you're at the item.. right click on the product description area.. click properties and copy THAT url.. it should link you directly to the product. Like this.

Franklin Library Stand

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 06 2010 at 5:55pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

JodieLyn wrote:
Haven't read everything just noticed you were have problems linking to items at Levenger..

When you're at the item.. right click on the product description area.. click properties and copy THAT url.. it should link you directly to the product. Like this.

Franklin Library Stand

Nope, didn't work for you, either, Jodie.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 06 2010 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

well it did right after I posted

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 06 2010 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Just to be clear about lips...

I think Michele is talking about "J" shaped lips (for lack of a better description) or lips that run out horizontally and then shoot up vertically... compared to "L" shaped lips which I have on my dictionary stand.

It seems without any lip, the planner wouldn't stay on the stand.

We have a tall dictionary stand in our living room; I took our Bible off it and put my planner in a binder on it. Pages flipped fine. But... again, our lip is small and flat and also curves where your arms might rest. So writing in it was fine too. Even a notebook without a binder flipped just fine. So just my experience with little lips.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 06 2010 at 9:17pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Maryan wrote:

I think Michele is talking about "J" shaped lips (for lack of a better description) or lips that run out horizontally and then shoot up vertically... compared to "L" shaped lips which I have on my dictionary stand.

It seems without any lip, the planner wouldn't stay on the stand.

Right. I would call that part the ledge --the part the planner sits on and agree it's vital!

So from the side I want my stand to look like this: L but not this: J

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:13pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Maryan wrote:

I just couldn't resist.

Thanks for the clarification. I needed that, because I know I needed some kind of edge to keep from moving. I now know I dont' want a dippy kind of lip. Got it!

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 07 2010 at 7:15am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

And "ledge" -- why couldn't I think of that last night?

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 07 2010 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Maryan wrote:
I've always wondered about this under cabinet holder, but the cost has kept me from taking the plunge.

A long time ago I saw one that was an under cabinet kind with a telescoping arm! It was SO cool and I loved the idea but it was very pricey and alas I have not been able to find it again anyway.

Though I do think something like that wouldn't be terribly complicated to make . . .

Ouiz
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 07 2010 at 10:31pm | IP Logged Quote Ouiz

Ooh... I just found this thread and I am REALLY intrigued by the "under the cabinet" bookholder. That just MIGHT keep little ones from grabbing my book and doodling all over it (arrrrgh! NOT good for this "obsessed with neatness" sort of mom... makes me want to cry...)

Chez Ouiz
Back to Top View Ouiz's Profile Search for other posts by Ouiz Visit Ouiz's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 20 2013 at 11:04am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Bump! This was such a fun thread. I think a lot of the links are old/broken....but would love for anyone to add any new links of stands that they've seen around.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2013 at 12:03pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

A quick search on amazon for cookbook holder produced this

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version