Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Technical Help!
 4Real Forums : Technical Help!
Subject Topic: Having problems Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MrsM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 20 2010 at 1:01am | IP Logged Quote MrsM

I've had a lot of trouble getting on the site lately, and even when I do the site is moving very slowly. I am unable to use the search function because it times out.

Is this a problem for others?

Mom to darling Elizabeth and Francis, held in Mary's arms and always in my heart
Back to Top View MrsM's Profile Search for other posts by MrsM

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 20 2010 at 1:53am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Over the weekend there was a problem with a switch that directs IP traffic and the board was down for awhile until that could be replaced.

Yes, it has been slow since then and searches are not working. I'm sure Tim will update as it is dealt with. Thanks for your patience.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: April 20 2010 at 5:30am | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

yes, the upstream hardware issues of this past weekend appear to be having some residual effects on traffic to/from the server. i am working to get this resolved, and i appreciate your patience.

-T

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: April 20 2010 at 6:23am | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

part of the problem existed on my server, but that has been addressed and the forum response times should be back to near-normal now.

the switch that was installed this weekend was a temporary band-aid until a new replacement switch comparable to the one that failed could be ordered, received and installed. it is due in today and will be installed tonight, so there should be a brief period of downtime when that happens.

-T

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 20 2010 at 8:57am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thank you, Tim .

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MrsM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 20 2010 at 11:09am | IP Logged Quote MrsM

Thanks for the update!   

Mom to darling Elizabeth and Francis, held in Mary's arms and always in my heart
Back to Top View MrsM's Profile Search for other posts by MrsM

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version