Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Wow (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mathmama
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 23 2010 at 1:01pm | IP Logged  

I just finished reading the report from the moderators' retreat and I wanted to thank the moderators for the thought and care they put into running this board. It is so comforting to know that this is a truly Catholic board where I can let out a sigh of relief, relax and learn. God bless all of you

Beth

Veronica 10/09
Theodora 11/12
Back to Top View mathmama's Profile Search for other posts by mathmama

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 2:40pm | IP Logged  

Thanks ladies!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 3:00pm | IP Logged  

A heartfelt Thank You moderators for all of your sacrifices.

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 3:11pm | IP Logged  

Yes! Thank you for all of the hard work. You are certainly appreciated!

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 3:46pm | IP Logged  

Thank you!!!!!

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 23 2010 at 4:35pm | IP Logged  

I have learned so much and been inspired and supported here. Thank you not only for you hard work but for the enormous amount of energy you spend working to provide a safe, supportive, and loving environment.

Maggie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 5:20pm | IP Logged  

Thank you all so much for all that you do! I have learned an enormous amount here over the years and look forward to all that this forum has to offer in the future.

I am super excited to see the new board on April 5th!

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged  

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 5:51pm | IP Logged  

Thank you all!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 7:42pm | IP Logged  

We are so blessed to have each and everyone of you "on board"!

Thank you! Thank you!!

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2010 at 8:04pm | IP Logged  

Absolutely, thank you !

My life is so much richer for having joined this amazing group. The dedication and love from you all is inspiring and cultivates, within me, a deep desire to be a better child of God, in all areas of my life !

God Bless!

Back to Top View Chris V's Profile Search for other posts by Chris V

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 24 2010 at 12:35pm | IP Logged  

I just finished reading the note and some of the new ideas, and was thinking, "Wow, that took so much time and prayer!"

Thank you, all, so very much, for all you do!   

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 24 2010 at 3:52pm | IP Logged  

Yes, Thank you, each and every one for ALL you do, it is truly a sacrifice of love that you make tasking time from the busy schedules of your families to make this Forum possible for us all. May God reward you!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 24 2010 at 6:52pm | IP Logged  

mathmama wrote:
I just finished reading the report from the moderators' retreat and I wanted to thank the moderators for the thought and care they put into running this board. It is so comforting to know that this is a truly Catholic board where I can let out a sigh of relief, relax and learn. God bless all of you

Oh I absolutely agree!

May God bless all of you for the tremendous amount of time and effort you have given. We are all so very blessed by your work!

I truly appreciate how carefully you have striven to maintain a solidly Catholic, incredibly charitable and positively beautiful atmosphere here.

Thank you!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 8:22am | IP Logged  

Really? Because right now, all I can see is a serious lack of charity and respect owed to fellow Catholic friends and homeschoolers trying to do what's best for their families, more "this is right, that is wrong", more prejudice and more divisiveness. I know the moderators work very hard at their jobs, but to say that they are not theologians or speak as theologians, and then to make such a sweeping magisterial decision seems like a contradiction.

I know, you're sad that I choose to see it that way. I'm sad that that's the way it appears to someone who had no stake one way or the other in the debate.

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: March 25 2010 at 8:43am | IP Logged  

Charlotte, thank you for expressing your concern about this topic.

Our policy was created because of a condemnation made by the Church and our inability as moderators and moms to moderate conversations involving Waldorf elements. No one has claimed something is more right or more wrong, and to classify the boundaries we place on this board as "sweeping magisterial" is, IMO an attempt to elicit an emotional response in readers. Our decisions apply to our board alone. Since the moderators here bear the responsibility of moderating *here* and since this is a Catholic board, it is proper for us to place boundaries where we feel them necessary.

You are welcome to PM me if you need further explanation.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged  

Yes, really.

I appreciate very much what the moderators have done and in fact I think it is a great act of charity and respect! They have clearly stated that certain issues are outside their purview and rather than having conversation blow up again (as we know it so easily can) they have chosen to disallow certain things. Such a decision makes sense and is both charitable and respectful.

I too have "no stake one way or the other in the debate" but do in fact care very much about all of the people involved and continue to keep everyone in my prayers.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 2:14pm | IP Logged  

cathhomeschool wrote:
Our policy was created because of a condemnation made by the Church and our inability as moderators and moms to moderate conversations involving Waldorf elements. No one has claimed something is more right or more wrong, and to classify the boundaries we place on this board as "sweeping magisterial" is, IMO an attempt to elicit an emotional response in readers. Our decisions apply to our board alone. Since the moderators here bear the responsibility of moderating *here* and since this is a Catholic board, it is proper for us to place boundaries where we feel them necessary.

Serendipity is Catholic.

Once again, let me reiterate and respectfully ask once more that this not be deleted. I am simply attempting to clarify the misleading and inaccurate statements that I continue to read. The moderators have chosen to publicly place Serendipity in the category of what they have decided is a "condemned" educational style, Waldorf. They have stated that this condemned style is contrary to the Church. This is their personal opinion. Anthroposophy is clearly condemned. NOTHING at Serendipity is Anthroposophic. It is misleading and uncharitable to allow the reputations and work of the contributors at Serendipity to be characterized in this way. If you are going to link to Serendipity, in fact to a specific post, to quote our words, then please be honest and do not use a cached google page. Here is direct link direct link Janette quoted from. I am shocked that the moderators will not allow me the courtesy of a public response.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 2:20pm | IP Logged  

Looks like I've missed A LOT while I've been away from the boards with my mom's health issues.

What is happening to the forum I've loved and been part of for years?

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 2:22pm | IP Logged  

I am sorry. I really don't understand. I love everyone on this board. I respect Elizabeth and her work and those that have put so much heart and care into it.

I feel really bad...I am seeing posts disappear as soon as they are posted. I was just reading a long post and it is gone...
I don't think anyone is trying to be uncharitable. I see honest women who are trying to get to the heart of things.

I was wondering...is there any way to charitably heal the situation here? I hate to see so many people feel hurt and silenced in that way.   

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version