Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Our Lady of Lourdes Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kathleenmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote kathleenmom

Anyone have any great ideas? I'm hosting our homeschool group's get together.

We're going to make grottos. You can see them
here.

My kiddos are going to do a little production of the Our Lady of Lourdes story as well. I typed out the parts with blocking if anyone is interested, I'll post it.

Any other ideas?

AMDG Academy
Back to Top View kathleenmom's Profile Search for other posts by kathleenmom Visit kathleenmom's Homepage

jnasmamma
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote jnasmamma

Sorry no ideas here but I love the grotto that you made. Thanks for sharing, I think my son would enjoy making one.
Back to Top View jnasmamma's Profile Search for other posts by jnasmamma

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 4:20pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

A couple years ago when I hosted a similar group get together we made these holy water fonts.

I posted the instructions on my blog.

We also were able to visit the Lourdes Marian Center which is one of only two distribution centers for Lourdes water in the US. I know you can't do a field trip but you may still have time to get some Lourdes water from there or another location to have on hand for your gathering.

You could have French food as snacks or make the cute cereal grotto that was originally suggested on the forum here by MaryMary in this thread (which has lots of craft ideas, too) Lady of Lourdes - Any craft ideas??. There is a recipe and pictures on Catholic Cuisine from that idea.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Charlotte has a beautiful coloring page at her blog: www.tiredtwang.blogspot.com. Under the "Coloring Pages" sidebar, click on Immaculate Conception.

Crepes are also an easy and fun snack. You can make the crepes in advance then simply warm them up. You can offer lots of choices for fillings and the kids can fill them themselves.

Have fun!!!

kathleenmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 03 2010 at 9:32pm | IP Logged Quote kathleenmom

Thanks Ladies. Great ideas.

AMDG Academy
Back to Top View kathleenmom's Profile Search for other posts by kathleenmom Visit kathleenmom's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Last year I posted about a great find - "a treasure chest" of Catholic fun and facts - the old Catholic comic book series from the 1940s-70s. We were really into searching the site where they are archived for months to keep up with feast days and topics we were studying, but forgot to keep checking over the last several months. Went on today and see that there are a few pages on Our Lady of Lourdes Maybe it is something you could use with your group.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 6:07pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

We had fun today making the rice krispie grotto found on Catholic Cuisine. You can check ours our here.

P.S. if anyone has time to teach me how to post pictures to my posts, I wouldn't have to always link to the blog....
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

Zeliemum
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote Zeliemum

We will be watching the movie A Song of Bernadette, having an afternoon tea with blueberries muffins & blueberry pancakes. We will also make some craft flowers to place at the foot of our Statue of Our Lady of Lourdes.
Tonight a white dinner inspired by Ruth's suggestions, with white wine for Mum & Dad and lemonade for the kiddies.

I have offered a link that was shared with me on FB to the Lourdes France site where you can place prayer intentions that will be placed at the Grotto today for the Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 8:29pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

joann10 wrote:

P.S. if anyone has time to teach me how to post pictures to my posts, I wouldn't have to always link to the blog....

If you want an image actually uploaded to the forum then a moderator will have to do that for you. But if you are already hosting the image somewhere (like your own blog) then you just need to put code around the address where it is hosted.   You can do it automatically with the buttons. In the reply box do you see the button with a picture of a tree? Click on that. Another box pops up and asks for the web address of the image. Paste that in and click okay. then the image should appear in your message when posted (unless it is too big - I need to double check the size limit).

This is the address of your image:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bQsYBGKxf5Y/S3NHKFfVEoI/AAAAAAAAWZ I/TR0hsLLrIO8/s400/DSCF1086-1.JPG

You can also manually enter the code around the address. It would look like this (but without the space in front of the IMG and /IMG - I had to do that so it would show up in the text here and not just show the image.
[ IMG] http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bQsYBGKxf5Y/S3NHKFfVEoI/AAAAAAAAWZ I/TR0hsLLrIO8/s400/DSCF1086-1.JPG [ /IMG]

Our Domestic Church

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

And here is what it would look like when posted:

And I wanted to mention that even though this cereal grotto idea was featured on Catholic Cuisine it originated here at 4 Real several years ago - posted by MaryMary.

Our Domestic Church

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version