Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Maternity Novena & Calendar (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
4RealModerators
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 1:37am | IP Logged  

What a privilege it is to hold each of our members, expecting and nurturing the gift of new life, in prayer in a special way. Here, in this digital space, we welcome and rejoice at the gift of every new life! Join us in offering prayers and thanksgiving for these new blessings throughout each pregnancy.

January
~JamieCarin

February

March
~A-Lil #4
~Jenn Sal (Jennifer)

April
~Dana #4
~Maryan #7

May
~KristaCecelia (Krista) #5

June
~Pilgrim #6
~Gloria JMJ #9

July
~rcarter (Rachel) #6

September
~nissag #9

Prayer to Gianna Molla

God our Father we praise You and we bless you because in St Gianna Beretta Molla you have given us one who witnessed to the Gospel as a young woman, as a wife, as a mother, and as a doctor. We thank you because through the gift of her life we can learn to welcome and honor every human person.

You, Lord Jesus, were for Gianna a splendid example.
She learned to recognize you in the beauty of nature.
As she was questioning her choice of vocation she went
in search of you and the best way to serve you.
Through her married love she became a sign of
your love for the Church and for humanity.
Like you, the Good Samaritan, she cared for everyone
who was sick, small or weak. Following your example,
out of love she gave herself entirely,
generating new life.

Holy Spirit, Source of every perfection, give us wisdom, intelligence, and courage so that, following the example of Saint Gianna and through her intercession, we may know how to place ourselves at the service of each person we meet in our personal, family and professional lives, and thus grow in love and holiness.

Amen.

OR

Novena to St. Gerard

Most Blessed Trinity, I, Your child, thank You for all the gifts and privileges which You granted to St. Gerard, especially for those virtues with which You adorned him on earth and the glory which You now impart to him in heaven. Accomplish Your work, Oh Lord, so that Your kingdom may come about on earth. Through his merits, in union with those of Jesus and Mary, grant me the grace for which I ask.... (Mention your request)

And you, my powerful intercessor, St. Gerard, always so ready to help those who have recourse to you, pray for me. Come before the throne of Divine Mercy and do not leave without being heard. To you I confide this important and urgent affair.... Graciously take my cause in hand and do not let me end this novena without having experienced in some way the effects of your intercession. Amen.

O good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before the throne of God, wonder-worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your help. While on earth, you always fulfilled God's designs; help me, too, always do God's holy will. Beseech the master of life, from whom all parenthood proceeds, to bless me with offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life and heirs to the kingdom of God's glory in the life to come.    
Amen.
Back to Top View 4RealModerators's Profile Search for other posts by 4RealModerators

4RealModerators
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 1:39am | IP Logged  

In cooperating with the Giver of Life and nurturing a new life within, we can seek to discover how to sanctify the period of pregnancy by imitating the Mother of mothers - the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Adapted from the booklet, Sanctifying Pregnancy: In the Light of the Joyful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary by Margaret Place, 1954.

Quote:
The period of approaching motherhood is above all else a time of spiritual awakening and maturing.

Our young women should be encouraged to think of pregnancy not as nine months of shapeless clothes, swollen feet, in a word, a period which must be endured--but rather as nine months of very close, beautiful kinship with Almighty God.

She knows that God has indeed been very close to her, that He has breathed an immortal soul into the minute particle of life she now carries beneath her heart. She cannot feel other than close to Him!

When she understands that she is sharing with God some small part of His great work of creation, then she is able to see that she, too, must accept a small part of His cross in the work of the Redemption. That is done by willingly and cheerfully accepting the sacrifice, discomfort, and even suffering that her pregnancy makes necessary.

There are beautiful meditations on the sacredness of pregnancy and motherhood at: Sanctifying Pregnancy

Back to Top View 4RealModerators's Profile Search for other posts by 4RealModerators

4RealModerators
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 1:40am | IP Logged  

Hello Pregnant Mommies and Prayer Warriors~

Just a little note to let you know that this thread will be made a locked STICKY at the top of the We Pray To The Lord forum, in order to facilitate prayers for our members who are participating with God in the creation of life!

Please PM a moderator if your information is incorrect or something needs to be changed. We'll be using the Who's Expecting thread to add to the list.

As members who value life, including a life that is gifted to us for a very brief time, we ask your cooperation in assisting us. If you notice on the above list the name of a member who has been asked to face the great sorrow of offering a child back to God, please PM a moderator so that this list does not serve as a painful reminder for our grieving sister during her time to mourn.

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 09 2010 at 11:16am | IP Logged  

We have four due dates during the month of June!

Angel #7
kbaldwin #8
Barbara C.
MaryMary #4

Keeping you in our prayers, ladies!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 09 2010 at 5:00pm | IP Logged  

Thank you Suzanne, praying for these four mammas and their babies!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 11 2010 at 9:26pm | IP Logged  

Praying for all the expectant mommies! And, especially for the 5 mommies due this month!

September
~insegnante #4
~JodieLyn #9
~LisaR #6
~my6angels #7
~Kathryn #4

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 20 2012 at 5:03pm | IP Logged  

Hello Pregnant Mommies and Prayer Warriors~

Just a little note to remind you that this thread is a locked STICKY at the top of the We Pray To The Lord forum, in order to facilitate prayers for our members who are participating with God in the creation of life!

Please PM a moderator if your information is incorrect or something needs to be changed. We'll be using the Who's Expecting thread to add to the list.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This topic is closed.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version