Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Exploring God's Creation in Nature and Science
 4Real Forums : Exploring God's Creation in Nature and Science
Subject Topic: pregnancy unit study Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mooreboyz
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 11 2009 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote mooreboyz

I thought that since I'm pregnant with my 6th son due in March that I'd take the opportunity to do a unit study on how babies are made, pregnancy, and delivery with the boys ages 5 - 12. I wish I was the Earthy mother who could deliver at home with the boys all around to see it all and how wonderful and natural it all is, but I am not. I would like to approach this unit showing that babies are a natural part of life, not a medical condition. I want them to learn about the major milestones of development throughout pregnancy and how labor physically happens. I'd also like to show a video of a birth at the end...but nothing too graphic.

I'm considering spending roughly 6 hourish classes over 2 weeks on this unit.

Does anyone have any good books/videos/other resources that would help me put this together?

Thanks!

MrsM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 11:26pm | IP Logged Quote MrsM

I love the book Angel in the Waters by Regina Doman. Here's the description on Amazon:

In its mother’s womb, a tiny baby grows, explores the waters, and talks with the angel who is there.

Really, a very sweet book that would be a great addition to a pregnancy study.

Mom to darling Elizabeth and Francis, held in Mary's arms and always in my heart
Back to Top View MrsM's Profile Search for other posts by MrsM

Marcia
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 12:00pm | IP Logged Quote Marcia

I really liked using this book with our last pregnancy. I think I will pull it out again this time around.

If you have any friends who are doulas or midwives or LLL leaders, they might have a video you can borrow. I have one that was put out by the Bradley Method about siblings at birth that is great. It's very tempered and there isn't much mommy birthing sounds or blood.

I like Angel in the Waters too.
Also the Joyful Mysteries of Life book that I used for purity teaching with my older daughter (10) I will be using with my 5 year old and 8 year old with this birth go round.

I wonder why
Back to Top View Marcia's Profile Search for other posts by Marcia

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version