Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: October 2009 Canonizations - resources Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 11:48pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I'm starting a thread here for the upcoming canonizations (October 11, 2009) of Bl. Damien of Molokai, Bl. Jeanne Jugan, Bl. Sigmund Felinski, Bl. Francisco Coll, Bl. Rafael Arnaiz Baron

Do you have resources for any of the soon to be saints that you could share?

Do you have any special plans to teach about these saints or to celebrate the canonizations?

Love to hear what is happening in your home.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 11:49pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Bl. Marie de la Croix (born Jeanne) Jugan (1792-1879), French, Founder of the Congregation of the Little Sisters of the Poor, Virgin.

About Jeanne Jugan from the website of her order – the Little Sisters of the Poor.

New books on Jeanne Jugan

Bl. Zygmunt Szczesny Felinski (1822-1895), Polish, Archbishop, Founder of the Congregation of Franciscan Sisters of the Family of Mary, Pastor

Biographyof Bl. Sigmund Felinski from Vatican website

Bl. Francisco Coll y Guitart (1812-1875) Spanish, Dominican Friar, Founder of the Congregation of the Dominican Sisters of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Pastor

Bl. Rafael Arnaiz Baron (1911-1938) Spanish, Cistercian Friar of the Strict Observance, Religious. Considered as one of the greatest Mystics of the 20th Century

Biography from the website of Cistercian Friars of the Strict Observance (Trappists)
Brief You Tube video about Bl. Rafael.

Bl. Jozef Damian de Veuster (1840-1889) Belgian, Religious Missionary of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, and of the Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar, Pastor.

About Damien de Veuster from the website of his congregation – Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary

Diocese of Honolulu website for the Canonization of Blessed Damien de Veuster – very nice user friendly site with lots of resources and information about this soon to be saint.

Kalaupapa National Historical Park will soon become the only known NPS site associated with a saint. - Canonization events there.

There is a study guide for Father Damien and the Bells (Vision Book) at the Diocese of Honolulu Office of Religious Education page.

Blog dedicated to Damien de Veuster – is compiling links, articles, and resources about Bl. Damien. Has a lot of material here.

Movies
Molokai: The Story of Father Damien
Damien

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 11:57pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I highly recommend the movie, Molokai: The Story of Father Damien

I know you have linked it there Mary, but giving my thumbs up on it too!!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 11:59pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

My 7year old is making his first confession at Marian Valley on the 11th so we will be celebrating that, but I would like to do something for St Damien, a nice craft or recipe idea?

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version