Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Label Makers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JaysFamily
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 30 2010 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote JaysFamily

Now, I'm adding a label maker to my Amazon wish list! It's already quadrupled since I joined this site, and that's my personal wish list, not even the "school books" list! You ladies are bad influences on me!!

Jaysfamily
wife to Jay
mother to DS(5)
Back to Top View JaysFamily's Profile Search for other posts by JaysFamily

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 30 2010 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote momtomany

JaysFamily wrote:
Now, I'm adding a label maker to my Amazon wish list! It's already quadrupled since I joined this site, and that's my personal wish list, not even the "school books" list! You ladies are bad influences on me!!

It's amazing how many purchases I've made because of 4Real. Amazon must love this forum. I have to say that they were all good recommendations!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 30 2010 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

momtomany wrote:
JaysFamily wrote:

It's amazing how many purchases I've made because of 4Real. Amazon must love this forum. I have to say that they were all good recommendations!

I love how there is so much information to peruse. Amazon is my greatest gift because I just put things in my basket to remember and sift through later...and the items can stay for years.

So my prudence is to not click and buy right away, but click, put in my basket, think about it, try to preview it somewhere, then buy at some time, or not.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JaysFamily
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 30 2010 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote JaysFamily

Yes, I think the Amazon wish list is one of the greatest online shopping inventions ever created! I've deleted so many things from it, but it's allowed me to go back and review things that might work for me, and fit into my budget.

I absolutely love the quality of the items that are recommended here. Everything is something that draws me closer to God and the path He has called me to walk, or it's so practical that I can't help but to consider bringing it into our home!

Jaysfamily
wife to Jay
mother to DS(5)
Back to Top View JaysFamily's Profile Search for other posts by JaysFamily

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 01 2010 at 3:11am | IP Logged Quote Erin

I'm in! I've joined the Club I bought a label maker just in time for the holidays. A brother P1010 on a half price special, it was meant to be. Ds11 and dd8 have been playing with it and labeling items, hopefully I'll get a chance to have a play tomorrow.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 01 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Erin wrote:
I'm in! I've joined the Club I bought a label maker just in time for the holidays. A brother P1010 on a half price special, it was meant to be. Ds11 and dd8 have been playing with it and labeling items, hopefully I'll get a chance to have a play tomorrow.

I'm doing the happy dance for you! And thinking of those new library shelves you've got...with little labels of genre's of books everywhere...and labels on the computer room...and labels in your kitchen! Happy labeling!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2010 at 6:32am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Okay, now I really must get one of those. I am totally jealous of all the organization that is happening in all these homes with label makers!

After cleaning and re-organizing my fridge, and after my DH still can't remember to put the milk back in the right place I'm wondering if this sort of label would work in a fridge?

Actually, anyone opening my fridge might think it's funny to see labels like "milk" and "ketchup", but I'm forever losing things in there and if everything had it's own spot, it might help a bit. I'm thinking labels might help me, and everyone else in the family remember where certain things go.
So, what do you think?

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 01 2010 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Becky
I don't think it a funny idea at all, to me that is the whole purpose of the label.

Jenn

It was the library shelves that prompted me to finally buy one. dh was saying we needed labels on the shelves so it was time. He's totally happy at the moment that I sorted his fiction alphabetically by author.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

My favorite household friend, the Brother P-Touch PT-1090 is on sale at Office Depot this week for $9.99 !!!!!!!!!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

The label maker is still running hot here Dd's 6 & 8 have even labelled their places at the table

I've long being annoyed by all the spiral comb binding books, not knowing at a glance what they are. I've been spending time attaching the title to the spines, now I know what I have easily.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Suzanne's news about the great sale at Office Depot has whetted my appetite! I have a (stupid?) practical question: are the labels easily removable, while at the same time firmly stuck on? if I decide to un-label or re-label something will there be a sticky residue left? Also, when I think label makers, I think of those crazy things that printed out raised white letters on hard plastic strips (I don't know the name of them). I do know that I really don't like the *look*. So, what does this marvelous Brother machine print on to, and what do the labels look like? Right now I am in need of a good and good-looking bunch of labels as I develop a system of   folders.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 6:34pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Nancy~
On page 3 of this thread Jen shows a picture of a label---how it prints, etc. You can also put decorative borders on them if you want. They look NOTHING like the raised-letter-label-makers from years ago.

And, the sticky residue....I can't speak for LONG periods of time, as I've only had mine for under a year....but I just replaced a couple on Tupperware containers, and there wasn't any residue...whereas my masking tape always left sticky stuff.

Any other veteran-labelers with "sticky-residue-feedback?"   

Off to take my 5-month-old-pregnant-body-that-feels-like-8-months-pregnant to the beach in 90 degree weather ...I'd rather be talking label-makers

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 6:43pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

SuzanneG wrote:
Off to take my 5-month-old-pregnant-body-that-feels-like-8-months-pregnant to the beach in 90 degree weather ...I'd rather be talking label-makers

Well I do hope that each child's sand bucket has been duly labelled?!!

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 7:31pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Thanks, Suzanne. Looking at Jen's pictures and comments, I see that I have nothing to fear (except maybe *fear itself*, pardon me FDR). Maybe tomorrow there will be time for a little field trip to Office Depot!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 17 2010 at 1:31am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Erin wrote:
Well I do hope that each child's sand bucket has been duly labelled?!!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 7:36pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

I admit my sanity may be slipping, at least I my dc think I am a little weird

It's holidays here and I am spending a happy morning re-organising my bookshelves and placing labels at each shelf collection.

Our history bookcase now sports labels that state; American History, Biographies, Bethlehem Books, Middle Ages, Greece, Rome, Egypt etc

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 25 2010 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Staples, Office Depot, Best Buy, Office Max and Office Depot all have the Brother P-touch 1290 or 1280 on sale for $9.99 for Black Friday/Weekend sales.

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 14 2010 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

SusanJ wrote:
Angie Mc wrote:
   In the book Organizing from the Inside Out, part of the 4th step is to put stuff in a container and

Angie, would you recommend this book? My husband asked me to get him a labeler for work and I remembered this thread. We already have a labeler at home, collecting dust . The price of the book is great and if I add it to his labeler order it will ship free so I thought I'd ask.

yes, yes, yes! Its the best book on organiszing that I've ever read! (if you dont mind my chiming in! )

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

I just had to tell you all the BEST way that I have used my label maker:

We took a serving tray and made very pretty labels with each child's name on it. Every morning the children get a new clean cup and use it for breakfast. When they are done they rinse the cup and place it in front of their label on the tray!!!! They use the cups all day and it goes back to that spot!

Yeah!!! No more cleaning 16 cups a day!!!! At the end of the day after dinner, the cups are washed and the whole process starts again the next day.

This whole idea was born out of my dd age 8 wanting to use the label maker!!!! BTW the best part: I got one of the label makers with laminated rolls and I have been washing that tray everyday and the LABEL HAS NEVER COME OFF!!!!!!!         

Thought you'd all enjoy!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 27 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Love it, Mimi! That is great! I find the labels really endure dishwasher wear. I put them on our water bottles.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version