Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Label Makers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 5:37am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

MaryM wrote:
And my daughter did love it...said when she gets married she is going to put one on her bridal registry .

I love it!

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 7:11pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

Oh, me too, me too! We have the same label maker, Suzanne :) I really think that we probably would be bff's in real life, or at least really like shopping together - LOL! I paid $25 including shipping for mine from Amazon Marketplace, and I am just thrilled. I can't believe I have lived so long without this sweet little machine!

SuzanneG wrote:
I got a Label-maker for Christmas, and I do believe that I am in absolute Label-Maker-Heaven!!!!!!!! I LOVE this thing! It's so easy to use and makes such pretty labels.    Leaves, stars, hearts, framing, Deco-labels!!!!! Wonderful!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

LisaD wrote:
I paid $25 including shipping for mine from Amazon Marketplace, and I am just thrilled. I can't believe I have lived so long without this sweet little machine!

Trying not to be envious, they are $70-90 here

Does anyone know if you can use re-chargeable batteries?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 8:39pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Now how did I miss this thread? I kept asking Lindsay what is the brand of her label maker and I couldn't understand why she was ignoring me.

I label by writing with a sharpie on Scotch Tape. Not a great method.

I do own a label maker. It's now classified as Retro. It looks this. Non=electric, hurts my hands. Remember these?

MaryM, I cannot believe you have one before me! I'll have to look at that version, because I'm pretty bare bones -- look what I'm used to!

Lindsay, does yours have laminator label possibilities like Jen mentions? I do like the recharging idea. Seems if you buy an adapter for one of the PT, you end up almost spending the same amount for the more expensive rechargeable one.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I'm sorry, Jenn. I think I did put a link in to this thread in the comments of my blog when you commented, but maybe not, as I must often type comments (both on blogs and facebook) without sending them. Either that, or I'm just completely offensive without meaning to be and type things people delete

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

CrunchyMom wrote:
I'm sorry, Jenn. I think I did put a link in to this thread in the comments of my blog when you commented, but maybe not, as I must often type comments (both on blogs and facebook) without sending them. Either that, or I'm just completely offensive without meaning to be and type things people delete

No apology necessary....I was teasing! I also didn't go back and read if you did answer!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

LisaD wrote:
Oh, me too, me too! We have the same label maker, Suzanne :) I really think that we probably would be bff's in real life, or at least really like shopping together - LOL!

Car seats, Nursing Pads, Shoes, and now the Label Maker!    Some day, we have GOT to meet!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

The latest issue of Martha Stewart Living highlights the Brother PT-1090.

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 16 2010 at 10:58pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

The PT-1090 is on sale this week at Office Depot for $15.00!!!!! Such a DEAL!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 26 2010 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

I have an opportunity to buy a Brother P Touch 1010 for half price ($35). Does anyone have one that model? Or is it too archaic?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 26 2010 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Erin~
It looks a lot like the one I have (PT-1090), but doesn't have the "DECO-MODE", which is a new feature/print/format...which i don't really like anyway. You'll probably use more of the FRAME-OPTIONS, which this has 6 of them. Which is less than the new ones....but I'm sure that's fine...it makes the labels look pretty.

Laminated Tape, up to 1/2 inch
Symbols
Time/Date Format

Looks very similar.

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 06 2010 at 10:45pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Ouiz has a fun post about her latest labeling-adventures!

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 13 2010 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I have joined the ranks of the label maker owners!

I have made labels for bike helmets.
Now what?
I really don't know where to start. It took awhile just to figure out how it functions. I made a few labels for each girl as I was learning how to use it, just to have some on hand.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 13 2010 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

St. Ann wrote:
I have joined the ranks of the label maker owners!

I have made labels for bike helmets.
Now what?
I really don't know where to start. It took awhile just to figure out how it functions. I made a few labels for each girl as I was learning how to use it, just to have some on hand.

Yeah, Stephanie!!!! I bought a similar one as Lindsay, as I had some gift money. I'm pacing myself. I labeled all my clothing boxes; that has been my first project. But I'm planning on labeling my pantry shelves.

I did put a label on my son's stainless steel water bottle and am amazd on how it holds through dishwasher washings!

One of the things I'd like to do is put a small label (color and maybe a symbol) for liturgical books, specifically Lent, Easter, Advent, Christmas, and then perhaps another symbol for ages on the spine? Haven't quite figured out an easy way to do what I want.

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 13 2010 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

JennGM wrote:

One of the things I'd like to do is put a small label (color and maybe a symbol) for liturgical books, specifically Lent, Easter, Advent, Christmas, and then perhaps another symbol for ages on the spine? Haven't quite figured out an easy way to do what I want.

Ohhh!!!! Now you have really captured my attention!!!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 13 2010 at 7:28pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Goodness - I had no idea that label makers were so en vogue!!! I just got the Brother PT-1830C - had seen it for weeks in Costco, finally put it in my cart ...and now I just have to figure out how to use it.

I look forward to reading all the posts...

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 15 2010 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I could really use the label maker in my pantry. I do know where everything goes, but other members of the family are not so sure.
By the way. My label maker is a Brother Ptouch 1000. I am slowly getting the hang of it. Just having it and wanting to use it effectively is forcing me into action. It is an almost uncomfortable feeling to admit that I can not yet label my clothing containers, because they are not organized enough. Now that I have it I can not just go around the house labeling...the order has to be established first and then comes the label. (where is the "duh!" emoticon?)

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 20 2010 at 10:26pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I just spent the last week wearing my label maker OUT!!!! I reorganized the learning spaces and needed to move some chemicals and science supplies up higher. I labeled:

** bins of science supplies - on the outside so that contents are visible even if they are stored in a bin.

** specific science topics and themes of books are organized and labeled on the shelves...so labeled genres are...biology, physics, chemistry, earth science, general science references, natural history, living science reading.

** history books are organized and labeled according to historical period and are labeled on shelves by century and setting.

** liturgical books are now labeled and sorted by month. Some spines are identified with a number correlating to a historical period (century) so these books can be visually referenced for historical reading as well as liturgical reading.

That's just a start for me! My label maker is SMOKIN! I still haven't moved into the kitchen. I already have some things labeled in there...but I intend to label a path through there...spices, oats, wheat, flours, beans, sugars.

Label maker FUN!!! What are you labeling right now?

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2010 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote LLMom

I am looking at getting one of these, but I have a question. Most of the ones I have seen only print labels up to 1/2". That seems so small to these tired, old eyes. I like to glance around a room and see what something is without having to get too close. Has anyone found that to be too small? The ones that printed 1" were very expensive. Also, is the tape like the old kind, meaning real stiff or is it more like sticker labels you use as mailers? And are they removeable without leaving some of it behind? Thanks.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 29 2010 at 7:44pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

LLMom wrote:
I am looking at getting one of these, but I have a question. Most of the ones I have seen only print labels up to 1/2". That seems so small to these tired, old eyes. I like to glance around a room and see what something is without having to get too close. Has anyone found that to be too small? The ones that printed 1" were very expensive. Also, is the tape like the old kind, meaning real stiff or is it more like sticker labels you use as mailers? And are they removeable without leaving some of it behind? Thanks.

When I'm labeling a shelf, I use the largest font. It seems large to me. I took a couple of pictures for you so you could see....

From 4 feet away

From 2 feet away

Now, I do need to be in the general vicinity to read something - I can't read a label from across the room. But, I haven't found this to be a problem.

The tape is not like you're remembering. The tape I use is laminated, so it does have some body to it, but it's like a heavy sticker. I've been very pleased with its stick-ability. I have a couple that get regular wet wiping. I was concerned about how well they would stick to plastic objects - they stick very well!

The labels are remove-able. I haven't pulled any of my new labels off, but I have removed a few older labels. If residue is left behind, a little goo-gone wipes it off easily.

Hope this helps in your decision making!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version