Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Label Makers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 7:45am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

SuzanneG wrote:
CrunchyMom wrote:
My dad, brother, and sister all went in together to get me the Brother pt-18R

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE, Lindsay!!!!!!!!! (Who am I? )

That thing looks amazing! I wish you lived closer, we could have a cup of coffee, perhaps a bit of tiramisu and "oooohh" and "aaaahhhh" over the PT-18R!   

Hmmm..let me guess. Though, your type is a bit on the short side...

I would love to live closer so we could have coffee and tiramasu for MANY reasons

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

SuzanneG wrote:
CrunchyMom wrote:
My dad, brother, and sister all went in together to get me the Brother pt-18R

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE, Lindsay!!!!!!!!! (Who am I? )

HEY!!!!!!!!!!! No fair!!!

I'm BEYONDO excited!!! GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!!!!

I finally replaced my old one (which has been broken for over a month ) with the Brother PT1290. I took a chance and ordered it for a much less expensive price from an independent vendor through Amazon though because I had a small gift certificate for almost the entire amount. It is the same basic label maker as Suzanne bought...though I think it might have a few more graphics and options. I enjoyed my old Dymo Label Maker for several years, but there were a few things I wanted to improve on after it broke.

Reasons I purchased this one:
:: I wanted a QWERTY keyboard style (personal pref)
:: I wanted a sit on the desk type (personal pref)
:: Same laminated reason Suzanne cited above. My old one offered plastic tape, which has worked, but I really wanted laminated options for wipe-ability.
:: LOTS of options for tape colors and font colors and fonts/graphics! Very important to me.

Suzanne,
I'm disappointed in you...no label for the toilet??? What are you thinkin'?????? You have work to do today!!! Girls...I'm meetin' you for tiramisu and coffee and label-maker chat!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Ouiz
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote Ouiz

I feel left out, Suzanne... I'm still in the "write it by hand on a label and slap some tape over it" camp.

sigh.

I'm going to have to do something, though, because after reading all the great ideas in the "book organization" discussion, I'm ready to get my shelves all labeled so my dear children won't mess up my nicely organized shelves and make me want to pull my hair out our first week back to school!

Chez Ouiz
Back to Top View Ouiz's Profile Search for other posts by Ouiz Visit Ouiz's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Yea, Ouiz is here!!!!!!

Ouiz wrote:
I feel left out, Suzanne... I'm still in the "write it by hand on a label and slap some tape over it" camp.

Come on....come ON....COME ON......!!!!!!!!! $25 for a bit of domestic bliss!!!!    Just THINK of all that money you're saving with your very successful grocery shopping plan!!!!!!!!!!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Ouiz
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote Ouiz

Oh, Suzanne! I feel so loved! Thank you! I need to get on this forum more often!

I gotta admit, you're awfully persuasive -- $25 for domestic bliss and chaos-free living? What am I waiting for??? My finger hovers over the "buy it now" button....

(I thought your husband's "toilet labeling" remark was awfully funny, by the way!)

Chez Ouiz
Back to Top View Ouiz's Profile Search for other posts by Ouiz Visit Ouiz's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Notes From Here....Jen's post that includes our FAVORITE SUBJECT at the moment. Keep scrolling to the 5th picture and begin to read!!!! "DELICIOUS LABELS!"   

Quote:
Here is my pride and joy! Ok...not really...but, does it qualify for extremely useful and pretty? I have had, and used with great frequency, a cousin of this little jewel for several years now - the Dymo Letra Tag. When I purchased the Dymo, my first label maker, I really didn't know what I wanted or what to look for, but the idea of a label maker appealed to me as I was tired of printing on my computer and affixing with packing tape. Anyway, it lasted several good years of use before it broke a couple of months ago. I've missed it. This time my search was different. This time I knew what I was looking for. I had preferences. My choice was the Brother P Touch 1290, a sleek little tabletop version with lots of options that meets my needs perfectly (side note - I purchased for half off the listed price from Amazon by purchasing NEW through an Amazon Marketplace vendor)! Things I love:

:: It prints laminated labels - very important for labeling in the kitchen and being able to wipe surfaces)
:: Different font options (oh, I just LOVE font options)
:: Decorative options - like a pretty scrolled ivy pattern that will border a label (my personal fav), and a lot of others
:: Plenty of tape choices and all available from Amazon - nothing like shopping from your laptop and never having to leave home!
:: I had a personal preference for a tabletop version, but you can also find other label makers like this in a hand held version.

Doesn't she just make you feel so NORMAL for being in love with your label maker?!!!!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

Ladies,

You all make me !!

And Jen that post made me , somehow I can see you sitting there typing away into your label maker.

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 12:10am | IP Logged Quote Erin

SuzanneG wrote:

Doesn't she just make you feel so NORMAL for being in love with your label maker?!!!!

Would you believe that after I read Jen's blog post I decided that a label maker is just what I must have for my birthday (only 3 weeks away ). I shared this passion with dh and unbelievably he had been thinking of getting me that!!

My sister asked me yesterday what I wanted for my birthday and I shared my excitement. I literally could hearthe silence. I just know she though me very strange. So proud of her though she restrained any comments.

So pleased to know I am normal after all.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 12:20am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

And, I've been seeing that Brother PT-90 in lots of the Office-store-ads for only $15!!!!! (after rebate, of course). I don't think that one prints laminated labels, but it's so inexpensive! All the January-organizing sales include Label Makers, apparently! Makes sense, by golly!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Guess what we bought today ? - talked into it by my dd (14) - not sure she is related to me - think she might be one of your daughters .

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

MaryM wrote:
not sure she is related to me - think she might be one of your daughters .

ROTFL!!!!! She IS! She IS! My oldest daughter (8.5) has been BEGGING me to teach her how to use it....so we had our first lesson last night! A glorious evening, indeed!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

SuzanneG wrote:
MaryM wrote:
not sure she is related to me - think she might be one of your daughters .

ROTFL!!!!! She IS! She IS!

I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHO I SAW HERE POSTING THAT SHE WAS THE OWNER OF A LABEL MAKER (even if she consented somewhat begrudgingly)!!!!!

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Okay, I just have to say that you ladies are all making me crack up here! I am not on the hunt for a label maker, so I hadn't clicked on this thread previously, but I am glad I did if just for the laugh this afternoon!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

You ladies are hysterical!!
I have been longing for a label maker myself...i too am camping out with Ouiz with my sharpies and packing tape...sigh!

I will carelessly leave this thread open on my computer when dh gets home and hint that my 40th is in 2 months...hint hint...

I was thinking Suzanne,...that labeling the toilet thing is a profound idea...since I have young boys...an "AIM HERE" label should work...LOL!!
( I just hate repeating myself...I'll just point to the label!)

I am starting to get short bursts of real honest-to-goodness feelings of decluttering. We were necessitated into pulling about 60%of our stuff out of the living room, kitchen, and dining room to make room for a whole parcel of party people. The house is sooo much more peaceful, I don't want to bring most of it back in. I was thinking that it would be easier to maintain EVERYTHING if it were labeled...so here I am reading this thread and drooling... so... See honey! This IS a GOOD thing...and an idea that I will actually follow-through with...

Is there any maker that can be super fancy with the font?    

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

I caved...and bought the PT1290 today....thanks a lot

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 5:58pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Paula in MN wrote:
I caved...and bought the PT1290 today....thanks a lot

Oh...I started low - we got the PT-70.

Ds (10) really got into it this afternoon as well - looking all over and asking what he could label. Know what I "labelled" that as today????---------SPELLING!

And my daughter did love it...said when she gets married she is going to put one on her bridal registry .

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 6:06pm | IP Logged Quote Mimip

I just had to come and tell you how label crazy we are in this house.

Yesterday my dd age 7 gave us a bike show (she just took off the training wheels and taught herself to ride!) We came outside to watch and I caught her with my label maker!!!!

Why you ask?????

We had assigned seating!!!!!!!!!

I guess there is another label fan in the future!!!!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Donna Marie wrote:
Is there any maker that can be super fancy with the font?    

Mine can! Mine can!

It attaches to the computer and comes with software. So, while the super fancy fonts are not portable, it is still easy to print a laminated label from the computer.

We were joking around about what we could label, and I had just labeled a box of holy cards sitting on the piano and suggested "Piano" and my husband suggested printing a label for "Label Maker."

Aim here sounds great except my boys can't read...

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Erin wrote:
I literally could hearthe silence. I just know she though me very strange. So proud of her though she restrained any comments.
Silence. Yes, that is a VERY good sister...that's for sure!

Dont' forget to come back and update us .....NO EXCUSES!!!!!

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version