Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Spiritual Motherhood for Priests blog Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 27 2009 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

In this Jubilee Year of the Priest, motivated by the Congregation of Clergy's inspirational booklet, Adoration, Reparation and Spiritual Motherhood for Priests (ARSMP) Zeliemum (Chemai) and I have been stirred to take spiritual action to support the sanctification of our priests, to pray for priests and vocations in the Church and vocations from our own families and to strengthen the battle against the priesthood in this sacrilegious era. In order to further promote this devotion we have endeavoured to start a blog dedicated to Spiritual Motherhood for Priests.

We are hoping to connect with likeminded women, whether married, single or consecrated who, after reading Adoration, Reparation, Spiritual Motherhood for Priests will join us in putting together our merits at the disposition of Our Lord, collectively in prayer, adoration, thanksgiving, praise, petition and reparation. Our beloved Pope Benedict XVI says “the urgent call of the Lord stresses that prayer for vocations should be continuous and trusting, as to be raised to God incessantly and from every corner of the earth”.

Through this devotion we may do great things as the woman from the Northern Italian village of Lu (pg 18 ARSMP) did from their humble and persevering prayers. These women offered one visits a month to the Blessed Sacrament, they united a prayer intention for vocations at Mass on the first Sunday of the month and the simple prayer mentioned at the bottom of this letter. Through these ordinary actions and offerings their prayers raised up 323 priests and religious for the Church, including one Blessed of the Church and an Archbishop.

We hope to unite together with other women throughout the world in committing together as many of the following spiritual actions:

* To pray for priests through Eucharistic Adoration, at least once a month.

* Through offering Mass and Holy Communion for priests on the 1st Thursday of the month to obtain the plenary indulgence for the Jubilee Year.

* If attending Mass on the first Thursday is not possible, to offer the prayer to Sacred Heart of Jesus for priests written by St Therese of Lisieux. (This can be found   over at Spiritual Motherhood for Priests).

* Offering Mass and Holy Communion on the first Sunday of the month for vocations, particularly in our own families & offer the prayer of the Mothers of Lu.

* To recite as often as possible throughout the day, the prayer of Sister Consolata, victim for priests, "Jesus, Mary, I love you save souls!" remembering particularly the souls of priests.

We will be sharing the stories from this booklet and many more stories within the Church to encourage each other in this prayerful activity and we would love women to share any faith filled stories of Spiritual Motherhood for Priests that they might come across, any discoveries on the Saints that lived Spiritual Motherhood, any pertinent prayers, any practical action on Spiritual Motherhood from their parish, or articles of interest. We can post up your stories onto the blog with personal acknowledgment or not.

If you are able to commit to the minimum of one hour in Eucharistic Adoration monthly to pray for priests and vocations, please email us (over at the blog) and we will add your chosen name or blog name to the sidebar list in an effort to sustain each other in this pledge. We can also email ladies a prayer sheet, that they can cut up into prayer cards to put in their prayer books etc.

Our hope is to develop a virtual village of Lu through the new technology of the internet and to advance the awareness of Spiritual Motherhood for Priest in order to increase this devotion that we were blessed to become aware of from the Congregation for the Clergy. You may want to earkmark this site for future reading on Spiritual Motherhood and novenas, thoroughout the year to come.

God Bless and we look forward to praying with you.

The simple prayer of the Mothers of Lu.

“O God, grant that one of my children may become a priest or religious!
I myself want to live as a good Christian
and want to guide my children always to do what is right,
so that I may receive the grace, O God, to be allowed to give you a holy priest or religious! Amen.”

Please join with us in a novena to St John Vianney for priests, starting today 27th of July and finishing on the 4th of August, The Cure's feastday, this year marks the 150th anniversary of his death and is an especially indulgenced day which we will talk about very soon. The novena prayer for each day is over at Spiritual Motherhood for Priests in this posting.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Zeliemum
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 31 2009 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote Zeliemum

Just bumping this as the 1st Sunday approaches.

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 31 2009 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

So glad to see this Anne and Chemai. This is a wonderful wonderful blog.

Thank you both for such an incredible resource.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Just linking here as well, our lovely visual reminder for children to Pray For Priests.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

lambchopwife
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 2:02am | IP Logged Quote lambchopwife

What a great idea ladies! I just sent this over to my hs group in Okinawa Japan to see about getting us moms together to do this. Thank you so much for posting this and creating a blog for it!!!

God bless,
Cheryl

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Great job you guys! Our parish does this - organized by several mothers of religious. They have a holy hour on the first Sunday and we pray special prayers each Sunday for priests. There's a pretty good crowd that stays after to pray the prayers too!

My mil let me borrow a copy of Adoration...Spiritual Motherhood. It was very moving! I'm glad you sent the link, so now I can have my own copy.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Zeliemum
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote Zeliemum

Thank you Marilyn and Cheryl.
This is inspiring to know Maryan, we'll keep your group in our prayers also..

Yes this is a wonderful blessing from the Church. The stories from the booklet really show how prayer works in such a powerful way. I love the fact that most of the stories have simplistic, consistent, and unknowing prayers behind them and how God used these prayers to bring forth beautiful examples of holiness.

God Bless
Chemai

MaryAnne
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote MaryAnne

How do you copy the widget for your blog to a web page??
Back to Top View MaryAnne's Profile Search for other posts by MaryAnne

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Mary Anne, you go to the widget and click on the button at the bottom of the widget that says:

'Get Widget'

It opens up a page that has this at the top:

'Embed Code'

on that same page you will see a green button that says:

'Copy' push it and you have just cut and pasted the code, you then need to paste the code into a new gadget on your sidebar (that's if your with blogger)

I've just cut and pasted the code below, in case you have troubles getting it:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.widgetserver.com/syndication/subscriber/Inse rtWidget.js"></script><script>if (WIDGETBOX) WIDGETBOX.renderWidget('726da9f3-8b9d-447a-87fc-486afd18bb47 ');</script><noscript>Get the <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/spiritual-motherhood-f or-priests">Spiritual Motherhood for Priests</a> widget and many other <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com/">great free widgets</a> at <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com">Widgetbox</a>!</ noscript>

MaryAnne
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote MaryAnne

It worked
Back to Top View MaryAnne's Profile Search for other posts by MaryAnne

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Lovely MaryAnne!

KristinaP
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 05 2009 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote KristinaP

Thanks for posting this!!
Back to Top View KristinaP's Profile Search for other posts by KristinaP

Cherishedheart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 9:36pm | IP Logged Quote Cherishedheart

Dear Anne,
I am confussed is it for us to pray or for to pray for others?
If if is for us to committ in pray for -- What if you cannot keep up the prayers? I am always worried that I will fail if I don't keep up if I committ to something like this
God Bless

Many Blessings     

Gae wife to Stephen for 22 years
Mummy to
Kynan 89, Braedon 91, Autumn 93, Eden 95, Saxon 96, Vellvin 98, Rogan 00, Moran 02, Myffwyn 04, Corbyn 06 and little Arwen born 23/1/09
http://cherishedheartsathome.blogspot.com/
Back to Top View Cherishedheart's Profile Search for other posts by Cherishedheart Visit Cherishedheart's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 10:11pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Thanks for asking for clarification there Gae. I think it is important to stress, that as busy mothers with our primary vocation as wives and mothers to attend to, we just do what we can within our own individual circumstances. We mentioned this above:

Quote:
We hope to unite together with other women throughout the world in committing together as many of the following spiritual actions:

* To pray for priests through Eucharistic Adoration, at least once a month.

* Through offering Mass and Holy Communion for priests on the 1st Thursday of the month to obtain the plenary indulgence for the Jubilee Year.

* If attending Mass on the first Thursday is not possible, to offer the prayer to Sacred Heart of Jesus for priests written by St Therese of Lisieux. (This can be found   over at Spiritual Motherhood for Priests).

* Offering Mass and Holy Communion on the first Sunday of the month for vocations, particularly in our own families & offer the prayer of the Mothers of Lu.

* To recite as often as possible throughout the day, the prayer of Sister Consolata, victim for priests, "Jesus, Mary, I love you save souls!" remembering particularly the souls of priests.

These are some suggestions, we are hoping that ladies can join in as much as they are able to but it might be only one thing on the list and that is fine.

Ladies who know that they can commit to the one hour of adoration a month are emailing to have their name added to the list over at SM. The ladies in the township of Lu were blessed to be able to kneel beside each other ~ this list is just a token representation of that solidarity of mothers in monthly adoration from around the world. We can offer a prayer for each other when we look at it.

Even if a lady cannot commit to anything at present, we encourage them to come over and read the stories and examples of saints etc..they are hughly inspiring and we have so much to share yet from the booklet put out by the Congregation for the Clergy.

We've also made other discoveries we look forward to sharing: Venerable Mamma Margaret {St John Bosco's mother}, Elisabeth Lesure, the lady who brought about the conversion of her atheist husband after her death and he went on to become a priest{as she predicted}..she had prayed and sacrificed for it in life..they are wonderful stories to share and they could become the seed to any future commitment a lady may make.

I have committed myself to most of the things above, but I am aware that there could be months where the first Thurs Mass is not possible. I've also been reciting regularly the Mother's of Lu prayer but due circumstances on the First Sunday itself, I didn't recite the prayer in Church as I have committed to..these things happen, just need to get a copy of that prayer into the car glovebox {or learn it off by heart }. So please just do what you can, when you can.

Lovely to see you hear BTW Gae, I REALLY love your amazing blog, so great to see you sharing here as well!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version