Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
The Arts in the Everyday
 4Real Forums : The Arts in the Everyday
Subject Topic: January Composer: Mozart Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 24 2006 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

lilac hill wrote:
The children in the story are preparing for a competition:they are to play K.157.
In search of the music to download now.

Enjoyed the book.

While you are searching...Libby is entering a competition with K. 216, on February 2nd. Life imitates fiction.

She suggests The Mozart Season as a good book with a similar theme.

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Jan 24 2006 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

Mary G. wrote:
If we go, MacBeth, we can always have Libby stay with us -- we're in the same village that FUS and AveMaria have their abroad programs.....

That would be soooooo cool!

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2006 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

We were just listening to Classical Kids Mozart's Magnificent Voyage -- this one has a great overview of Mozart's early life while playing snatches of his lovely music.....

MacBeth -- join us in prayer and I'll keep it in mind if we are fortunate in going. At this point we have a few options and we're trying to discern God's will

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 01 2006 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Reviving this thread to say that The Teaching Company is offering a free downloadable lecture on Mozart, until November 16, 2006, in case anyone's interested.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 04 2009 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

I posted this in another thread...but thought I would add it to this resource list.

I am doing Mozart with my youngers who were either babies or not born yet the last time I did it.

A nice thing about that: there are newer books around now!

Mozart: scenes from the Childhood of the Great Composer by Catherine Brighton

This is told from his sister's POV....it is sweet.....the illustartions are wonderful........it sort of ended abruptly......but totally worth reading

Play, Mozart, Play!

What a surprise to find a book about Mozart for the very young! sweet, young...but even my 11yo and 7yo boys did not mind it

Classical kids also has Mozart's Magic Fantasy.....why they had to do TWO about Mozart...and BOTH about The Magic Flute baffles me.........when there are other composers out there!

We have been also watching The magic Flute from netflix.....and will be ordering The Marriage of Figaro as well.

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 04 2009 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

I went to my personal CD library today to pick out some Mozart since our library CDs had to be returned today.....and found a resource I had forgotten about:

Ann Rachlin's MOZART, THE MIRACLE MAESTRO: The Life of Mozart set to his own music.

It is a CD I picked up at Rainbow Resource Center catalog way back when.....

We listened to it this afternoon.......the 11 and 7 yo boys.......

We all enjoyed it.....and now, I will probably not read the Opal Wheeler book that arrived from ILL today. Too much double-up info.

I am sad not to immerse myself in Opal's sweet book.......takes me back to when I had little kids   

It is a good story of his life.......but will mention about his death in detail that may frighten any sensitive types......you can easily skip that part.

Oh, and the scary "dark, stranger" might scare some, too.

Better stick to Opal Wheeler's book if you only have littles!

Otherwise, this is good!

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 18 2009 at 9:53pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Adding a couple additional picture books to this thread:

Mozart Tonight, by Julie Downing.
The Cat Who Loved Music
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ernst Ekker
Mozart: The Wonder Child, Diane Stanley
The Magic Flute, Kyra Teis

Introducing Mozart, Vernon. "Informational book" with lots of famous art pieces depicting Mozart's life and portraits of him/family.
World History Biographies: Mozart...the boy who changed the world with his music. Same as above...

Musical Genius: A Story about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a biography for the younger crowd, similar reading level as Who Was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 02 2010 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Adding Pet of the Met by Don Freeman, which really highlights the Magic Flute. Very cute book.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version