Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Want to join me planning next year? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 15 2009 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

I too need some better planning in this arena. Does anyone know where I can import a liturgical calendar into my google calendar?

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Are we going to start a new and separate thread for July? Could also start the August one to get a jump...

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 16 2009 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

I think I am going to plan like Stephanie with file folders but I really want to learn to use ical on my Mac. I went through the tutorial but I am going to check the archives and try to find some additional help.

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

tissuebox
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 16 2009 at 2:07pm | IP Logged Quote tissuebox

I would love to join in and get new ideas!!
Back to Top View tissuebox's Profile Search for other posts by tissuebox

Birdie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 19 2009 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote Birdie

I just finished today. It's nothing great but it's on paper and I have gathered my resources. I would really like to make a few notebook narration type pages yet and flush out the advent and lent plans but it's a shell and certainly more than my usual fly by the seat of my pants approach.

Here is the link:

http://acharlottemasoneducation.blogspot.com/2009/07/liturgi cal-year-plans-2009-2010.html

MommyD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2009 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote MommyD

Thanks for sharing that Susan!

Here is the plan I came up with over the weekend and my goals for this week.

~I started a 365 file box (there was an article about it in the CHC catalog a year or so ago) last year. I'm committed to filling it with the mountain of Holy Cards we have this week.
~I'm going to go through our books and write the titles on notecards. The notecards will go in the 365 file on the appropriate feast day so I don't forget to read the book that day.
~I'm thinking about going through my favorite blogs and printing out craft ideas. I can't decide if I should put those in a Liturgical Year notebook or in the 365 file. The reason for the notebook would be so that they are easier to flip through in advance so I can have supplies purchased. Any thoughts?
~If I make a Liturgical Year notebook, I'm going to have the binding cut off of the books I own so the ideas can be organized by month.
~I have to come up with a way to balance Liturgical Year activities, Faith and Life, learning the parts of the Mass (a project I wanted to take on for this year) and FHC prep for my craftie daughter. My head is spinning with ideas!

I'll start more monthly threads later today. I've got to go feed the kiddos now!

Back to Top View MommyD's Profile Search for other posts by MommyD

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 20 2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MommyD wrote:
Thanks for sharing that Susan!

Here is the plan I came up with over the weekend and my goals for this week.

~I started a 365 file box (there was an article about it in the CHC catalog a year or so ago) last year. I'm committed to filling it with the mountain of Holy Cards we have this week.
~I'm going to go through our books and write the titles on notecards. The notecards will go in the 365 file on the appropriate feast day so I don't forget to read the book that day

How does the 365 fit for the Liturgical seasons (Lent, Advent)? Does the file change every year according to dates? Or is this merely for saints days?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

melanie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2009 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote melanie

I'd like in too! We have been kind of hit or miss this past year.
One thing I started doing is that I set up a favorites folder for each month of the year. When I see a good idea on a blog or website, I can quickly and easily save it in that folder, and then when I'm planning I can look at the saved sites. I know that runs the risk of having a site change on you, but so far it's worked really well.

slightlycrunchycatholic.blogspot.com
Back to Top View melanie's Profile Search for other posts by melanie Visit melanie's Homepage

lambchopwife
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2009 at 4:50pm | IP Logged Quote lambchopwife

I would just like to share a site with the 1962 calander for those of us who follow that. It also has great customs and traditions for the Liturgical Year for both calanders!

http://fisheaters.com/customs.html
Sorry but I don't know how to post links! (MODERATOR NOTE: Use caution with this site, seereview)

God bless,
Cheryl

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version