Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Via Lucis or The Way of the Light Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 13 2009 at 1:52pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

I was over at the Faith and Family Live! site and read about the use of the Via Lucis or The Way of the Light -www.faithandfamilylive.com

Has anyone done this with your children? Does anyone know if there are coloring pages or art printouts that can be used with it?

Thanks.

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 13 2009 at 3:15pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Here is an address for a link with prayers and accompanying images for the Via Lucis, The Way of Light; also referred to as Stations of the Resurrection:

Stations.pdf

We did an inspiring activity during Lent, for Stations of the Cross, which would adapt well to the Stations of the Resurrection. Based on an idea in "The Year and Our Children" we used fourteen candles, with a crucifix in the center. We began with all fourteen candles lit and with each Station of the Cross we prayed, we extinguished one candle, until all was dark at the finish. With Stations of the Resurrrection, it seems fitting to do the reverse and light one candle with each Station, until all is filled with light once more!

For Easter, we read these grace-filled words from Vultus Christi:

http://vultus.stblogs.org/2009/04/the-newness-that-comes-fro m-yo.html

With each refrain of "Christ is Risen" we cried out "Alleluia" and rang bells. The ringing of bells with each Alleluia of the Stations of the Resurrection also seems a fitting and joyful activity for young and old alike!

Thank you for sharing the devotion of Via Lucis with us Waverley. It was somewhat disappointing to end our Lenten Stations of the Cross...now we have a new, grace-filled Stations devotion to continue throughout this Easter season!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 13 2009 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I've updated the links above.

KathrynUK made some Stations Cards and Boxes ideas also for the Stations of Light.

I remember printing out the prayers from the vatican site last year, but can't seem to find them. But they weren't oriented towards children, so I was happy to see a children's version at Faith and Family.

ETA: Here's the web archive version: here.

Thanks, Waverly.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 13 2009 at 8:32pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Servant - I love your idea with the candles! Mind if I borrow it? I also like referring to Via Lucis as Stations of the Resurrection. Thanks for the links as well.

Jenn - the link in your post for Stations Cards and Boxes ideas sent me to the Faith and Family website. I didn't see them there. Do I need to look somewhere in particular? I believe it was you who shared the beautiful Stations of the Cross prints with us. Thank you, we love them. I printed them out on card stock, laminated them, and the kids look through them all the time. I would love to have something similar for the Stations of the Resurrection.

Do you think we could convince Charlotte (are you listening Charlotte?) to create coloring pages for the Stations of the Resurrection?

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 13 2009 at 8:38pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Oops, fixed it. http://ukbookworm.googlepages.com/stationsboxes

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 13 2009 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Thank you so much Jenn! The cards are exactly what I was looking for and there was the added bonus of ideas for a box for the littles to use to follow along with the Stations.

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 14 2009 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

I was at Leaflet Missal today (one of my favorite stores) and purchased a beautiful book to use while praying and studying the Stations of the Resurrection.

The book is called Journey into Joy, Stations of the Resurrection by Andrew Walker. Famous works of art illustrate each station. The scripture passage for each station is also included as are prayers, meditations, and poetry. It is truly a beautiful book. The book can also be purchased online at www.leafletonline.com.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 15 2009 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I put together some Art Images for the Way of Light. I have two for each Station. I tried to do variety from different artists, although the paintings by Duccio do repeat as sometimes they were the only ones for a subject.

Let me know if you find errors. Ds and I enjoyed choosing them so much that I'm looking forward to doing something similar for the mysteries of the rosary and Stations of the Cross.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version