Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Technical Help!
 4Real Forums : Technical Help!
Subject Topic: Is it better to bump an old thread Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 26 2009 at 2:36pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

I find that so much of what I want to ask has been discussed in some way before...is it better for any reason to just bump an old thread for "new life" or should I always just start a new thread. I know different forums have different ideas about this.

You'd think I'd know this by now. How long have I been posting here?

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 26 2009 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Amy,

I think it is often better to bump up a new thread. Makes it easier to find all of the discussions in one place when we go searching.

For instance, in the last couple of weeks I found some new Mozart resources...I just added them to an old post.

I am second-guessing...but what do the other moderators think?

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 26 2009 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

By the way, Amy, I think it is an EXCELLENT question....one many members wonder about. Thanks for asking!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: March 26 2009 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

You know, I've wondered that myself, Amy. The archives here are so rich - and just last week I spent a lot of time searching the MANY threads here on "Bravewriter". A couple of times I thought about tagging a question onto a thread that was 4 years old! If I hadn't been able to find the answer out on my own through more searching of the archives that's exactly what I had planned on doing.

I'm inclined to tag onto an old thread because like Chari it's easier when all the thoughts and links are gathered together in one place rather than 16 threads all about the same thing.

And...I think it's neat when an old thread might pull members back in who may not post or check here regularly anymore. It's neat to get feedback about how things might be working out for them.

I'm glad you asked this, Amy! And, I too am curious to see what some of the other members and mods think!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 26 2009 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I think that if your questions or new comments relate directly to an old thread that bumping up that thread would be a good thing.

But if they're entirely new.. if you could start a new thread and try to reflect the difference in the subject line that might help people later find information better than hunting through a many paged thread.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version