Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: google calendar for Holy Days? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hereinantwerp
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 04 2009 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote hereinantwerp

I have been exploring and playing with google calendar and I love it. I wondered if anyone has, or knows of, a google calendar with Saints' Days on it, and wants to share??? I found a public "christian calendar" but it is reformation oriented so doesn't have the exact days I want (tho protestant I am no big fan of the reformation, seeing it as rather a sad thing than a holiday!!)

Mother to Simon (13), Calvin (9), and Lyddie Rose (3)

my blog: live and learn
Back to Top View hereinantwerp's Profile Search for other posts by hereinantwerp Visit hereinantwerp's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 04 2009 at 9:23pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Angela, I'd love to help as I have *several* Catholic liturgical calendars on my Google calendar -- I *know* I imported them from a search but now I can't figure out where Google put them -- the screens look like they've been totally changed! I do a search for "Catholic liturigcal" or "Catholic saints" and all I get are individual date results, not the link for the calendars themselves...

maybe do a search on calendar.google.com and see what you get that way? I'm pretty sure that's how I found them!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

hereinantwerp
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 05 2009 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote hereinantwerp

thanks for the idea, I didn't know I could do a search on "calendar" (I had done a reg. google search). I'll try it!

Mother to Simon (13), Calvin (9), and Lyddie Rose (3)

my blog: live and learn
Back to Top View hereinantwerp's Profile Search for other posts by hereinantwerp Visit hereinantwerp's Homepage

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2009 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

Did you ever find this? I am just looking at Google Calendar for the first time. It might be a good find for me, but I can't use it if I have to go and type in all the Catholic feasts myself. I don't have that kind of energy and perseverance

God bless,
Christine

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2009 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

I've got the links, including one that I started... but, no time right now, have to leave in a few minutes. I'll be back later!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

greengables
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 29 2009 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote greengables

Last night I just figured out how to do google calendar!!! Yeah me!! If I can do this anyone can! Believe me!

About the google calendar for Holy Days, I searched and searched last night and I ended up FOR NOW just using the public calendar, Christian Holidays, which have a lot of the Catholic Feasts in them and I renamed it Liturgical Year.

So I can't wait for the links, Stefoodie. Thank you in advance!

Jill
Back to Top View greengables's Profile Search for other posts by greengables

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2009 at 5:10pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

It's been a while since I opened my google calendar, and I realized I have two liturgical calendars:

I'm not sure how to share the links:

US Roman Catholic Dates of Importance (Calendar ID: citfqr91p0sheqdden5c6oa5d4@group.calendar.google.com)

Catholic Saints (Calendar ID: ihermit.cowpi@gmail.com)

I don't like that it doesn't show the type of feast, nor does it show the seasons.

Apparently ihermit@cowpi.com has two other calendars, Catholic Saints 2 and Liturgical, but I can't figure out how to find them.

I had a nice calendar set up to repeat in Outlook. It was easy to edit, and I see there is a place to import outlook calendars. That might be a way to add your feasts.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2009 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I found some other sources:

This is Stef's old post which gives links to public iCal's that can be downloaded to Google Calendar.

Universalis has a calendar which is really nice, includes the weeks in Ordinary time and the other liturgical seasons. Scroll down at the bottom of the page and click on the "Add to Google Calendar" button.

Finally, I found a fabulous calendar that includes the liturgical readings and everything such as liturgical color, type of feast, etc. if you click on the alert for the day. It's exactly what I wanted, but it won't work. The downside: it's the Church of England calendar.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2009 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

JennGM wrote:
Universalis has a calendar which is really nice, includes the weeks in Ordinary time and the other liturgical seasons. Scroll down at the bottom of the page and click on the "Add to Google Calendar" button.

It Worked, I just did it

Thank you Jenn, you just made my day

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2009 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Absolutely perfect, Jenn! THANKS so much!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2009 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Thanks, Jenn! I was just going to go look for that old post of mine. I'm soooo happy Universalis finally did that.

mom to five

sunny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 29 2009 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote sunny

JennGM wrote:

I had a nice calendar set up to repeat in Outlook. It was easy to edit, and I see there is a place to import outlook calendars. That might be a way to add your feasts.

Oops I just post on the other thread regarding this same issue.
I know you can import your MS Outlook calendar to Google, however I dont think it is possible to make recurring events. Pls let me know if you find a way to do it!!
Back to Top View sunny's Profile Search for other posts by sunny

TracyFD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 29 2009 at 8:35pm | IP Logged Quote TracyFD

Oh, my - thank you!!! I had been entering them myself. Even my computer geek dh had not come across this when I asked him to look!

Pinewood Castle
Back to Top View TracyFD's Profile Search for other posts by TracyFD Visit TracyFD's Homepage

Mare
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 29 2009 at 8:42pm | IP Logged Quote Mare

This is fantastic!   

Back to Top View Mare's Profile Search for other posts by Mare

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2009 at 10:40pm | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

It worked, it worked, it worked!!!   

THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, for the suggestions and help!!! The Universalis site is quite impressive. I hope to explore it more soon. As for my calendar, I'm still determining if I want a computer-based calendar or if I'm going to keep up very large kitchen calendar (my brain) or combine the two somehow.

God bless,
Christine

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2009 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

cvbmom wrote:
As for my calendar, I'm still determining if I want a computer-based calendar or if I'm going to keep up very large kitchen calendar (my brain) or combine the two somehow.
I do both by printing a month and a week view and posting those ... because each calendar is color coded the kids know which color to look for when they need to know what's going on and I can add hand-written notes and then update my calendar later that evening or the next day ....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2009 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

Mary G wrote:
I do both by printing a month and a week view and posting those ... because each calendar is color coded the kids know which color to look for when they need to know what's going on and I can add hand-written notes and then update my calendar later that evening or the next day ....

Hmmmm...I'd have to highlight them, though, or something like that...we only have a black and white printer. I do like my big calendar with big boxes to write all our crazy to-do's so that they are legible from the phone

That said, I do like the little pages to take with me to meetings, planning sessions, etc. so I'm not lugging around my huge calendar and trying to write as it is across my lap and the person next to me

I'm just trying to find balance. And I'm trying to be realistic. Will I sync two calendars? Probably not. Do I need to be on the computer any more than I am? Definitely not. Dh, would probably like the online calendar, because he could put it on his phone. Decisions, decisions...

All this as I'm trying to plan our next year and get my notification forms in on time...

God bless,
Christine

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 6:56pm | IP Logged Quote Mimip

Universalis worked for my ical too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited that it worked for me. I just created a new Calendar named Liturgical Year and it imported right in.

THANK YOU LADIES!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 18 2009 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

I can't believe I am only now doing this!

I also found a liturgical calendar at my diocesan website that shows the liturgical colours and readings for the day.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2009 at 8:00pm | IP Logged Quote stellamaris

Erin, you're ahead of me! I keep thinking I ought to do the Google calendar, but I'm still strictly pencil and paper...I have this irrational fear that my computer will crash and I'll have no idea what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go...technophobia!

Flowing Streams
Back to Top View stellamaris's Profile Search for other posts by stellamaris Visit stellamaris's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version