Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Your favorite basket Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Just wanted to come back and thank you ladies! I have received my Peterboro Baskets and they are just lovely! They're quite sturdy and the white ash wood of the basket is nice and smooth and doesn't snag the books. And I'm so pleased with the handles which makes it easier to tote the larger basket to my desk, then over to the couch and then...off to my bedside.

I'm delightfully sipping away on my tea and filling *my* reading baskets...arranging and re-arranging!

Thank you again so much, Mary for the recommendation! These are just perfect! And, I'm so gushy this way...but I just LOVE supporting an American family owned business!

It would appear that they are frequently offering a 10%off code and they always offer free shipping. Their customer service has been just excellent.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Jennifer, what a blessing! I was just coming to figure out which market basket you recommended for the office (i think that was you, right?) so I could buy one. Which baskets did you buy?

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

CrunchyMom wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:
Wooden peach crates are wonderful.And I've done well at Target...

Where do you find peach crates? The ones with stamping and such have such nice character!

Lindsay,
I got them ages ago. My stepfather managed the neighborhood Giant grocery store. They were the real deal--the peaches came in them. It's probably been 13 years since he got them for me and the fact that they're still serving us is a testimony to their sturdiness. Well worth befriending the produce manager .

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 5:42pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Jen,
Can we beg you to blog your baskets? I'd love to see pictures and know which ones you got and what they are doing now in your home.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I didn't peruse this thread when it first started but I'm on the lookout for a sturdy bread basket so I was excited to see this discussion.

Last week at LA History, one of my students brought beignets for the class. They are a family of 10. Her mother, my good friend Monica, had 80 beignets wrapped in a towel and nestled in this long, wide, oblong, woven basket. It was flat, only a few inches up on each side. It resembled something the Indians would have made.

I fell in love with it. I could tell it was used daily at my friend's house. It had that familiar, comfortable, used look and feel about it. And I know that Monica makes her own bread too.

Would anyone happen to have seen a basket like I'm describing?

I keep meaning to go look but I haven't had the chance.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Cay--Check out these bread baskets at
peterboro...the toile alone is enough to make you cave.

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 7:01pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Elizabeth wrote:
Jen,
Can we beg you to blog your baskets?

See??? Now, this is why I LOVE this forum! Where else can you passionately beg someone to "blog their baskets" and know that you won't be laughed out of town..... and that everyone else, from the comforts of their own homes, is silently begging also???    

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Elizabeth wrote:
Jen,
Can we beg you to blog your baskets? I'd love to see pictures and know which ones you got and what they are doing now in your home.

You know...I'm itching for a sunny morning and my camera so I can snap some shots of them all...they just look so delightful and happy. Of course, I'll blog them! I can hardly wait! I'll update the thread when I get that sunny post up! I'm such a sucker for matching baskets.

Rachel May wrote:
Jennifer, what a blessing! I was just coming to figure out which market basket you recommended for the office (i think that was you, right?) so I could buy one. Which baskets did you buy?

I bought the office storage basket which I love! I have 2 - one for the small area I use in my kitchen and one which looks absolutely perfect on my desk! The long basket in the kitchen is just right (as I'd hoped) for holding my menu plan/kitchen clipboard as well as my calendar, coupon organizer, sale flyers, pens, scissors and a bottle of much needed lotion. And, on my desk it is organizing all those little things that stay out but look untidy if they aren't somehow contained.

For holding all of my frequently used files on my desktop, I bought the medium storage basket from the tent sale...which appears to be gone now ...but I did find this basket which is practically the same size as the medium storage basket I bought.

And this is the one I bought to use as *my* reading basket. I bought 2. So perfect!

The only basket that (at the time) wasn't in the tent sale section I bought was this beauty - the Farmer's Market Shopper with red gingham liner. I absolutely adore it. I actually plan to use it to go to the...Farmers Market! Because, how quaint is that to have a pretty basket with a red gingham liner for the farmer's market? I'm certain it will find other uses around here (no basket sits empty for long here), but isn't that gingham pretty?

So, that's a preview...now you know what I got!    They're so pretty and just right. I can see that I might hint for a few others for my birthday that's coming up!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 7:41pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

SuzanneG wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:
Jen,
Can we beg you to blog your baskets?

See??? Now, this is why I LOVE this forum! Where else can you passionately beg someone to "blog their baskets" and know that you won't be laughed out of town..... and that everyone else, from the comforts of their own homes, is silently begging also???    

soodow
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote soodow

I live near Peterboro Basket and have been buying there baskets for a long time...their tent sale twice a year is great fun!!!
Sue
Teaching 4
Back to Top View soodow's Profile Search for other posts by soodow

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2009 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

missionfamily wrote:
Cay--Check out these bread baskets at
peterboro...the toile alone is enough to make you cave.

Thanks, Colleen. I kept their website up to look through it and your link saved me the search.

Monica's is a little wider and the sides aren't as high but this would do nicely.

I admit to being a cheapskate though.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Elizabeth wrote:
Jen,

Blogging Beautiful Baskets    

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Oh Jen! My husband will not be happy about this ...

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

I guess for some things.....begging really pays off!!!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Oh, gosh....and I was just trying to decide how to separate the cloth diapers by size on the changing table and rearranging my desk...I mean that's what I was doing in my head while I nursed my achy fluish body...now I can find comfort in basket shopping!

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

does anyone see a suitable Easter basket?

crusermom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote crusermom

Wow!! That is inspiring.....me to shop for some more baskets!

Army wife and Crusermom to 8 wonderful children!
Back to Top View crusermom's Profile Search for other posts by crusermom

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 8:22pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Elizabeth wrote:
does anyone see a suitable Easter basket?

If you watch here, they list their upcoming holiday baskets. I'm certain they'll be offering something with a traditional Easter basket look very soon.

Do you do a family basket or do the young ones each have their own basket? Are you looking for something special for Sarah Anne?

I am in love with the basket lined in green toile! Wouldn't that look adorable with a little green felted wool in the bottom and a few Easter gifts tucked away in it? Then, after Easter it would look so lovely on the changing area with powder, and other intoxicatingly lovely smelling baby things!

I'm drooling over everything they have with a toile liner...like this blue toile lined basket and the green toile lined basket. And, you know I'm a sucker for gingham! I think any of those would make adorable Easter baskets with lots of possibilities for after Easter storage!

Aren't they all just lovely though! Can't thank you enough, Mary!

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2009 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

I ended up with this storage basket because I like the leather handles better and I plan to haul it around the house with me. Your baskets look beautiful!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 6:35am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I really like that basket, Rachel! What are you planning on putting in it? Files, paper, notebooks? It seems like it would be a perfect mobile filing system with its size! I like it very, very much! Please share with us how you're planning to use it! Pretty please!

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version