Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Angel Food books coordinated with... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 17 2009 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Just wanted to add that this set of books is at All Catholic Books for $56.25

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 17 2009 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

stefoodie wrote:

I was just coming here to mention this....it's where we purchased ours. A bit less painful

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 18 2009 at 6:58pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

So, Jen, do you have the other volumes of Angel Food that weren't reprinted? I was just wondering if you plan on coordinating the rest?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 19 2009 at 6:34am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

JennGM wrote:
So, Jen, do you have the other volumes of Angel Food that weren't reprinted? I was just wondering if you plan on coordinating the rest?

I didn't know about any others, Jenn. How many are there? Give me the details because I would love to hunt them down...and if I find them, you bet I'll add them to the list!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2009 at 6:43am | IP Logged Quote KackyK

I hadn't heard of others before too.

Jennifer thanks so much for this list! I'm planning my CCD lessons for next year and you've made it so easy to be able to coordinate at least one Angel Food story per day. Yay!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 19 2009 at 10:59am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Mackfam wrote:
JennGM wrote:

I didn't know about any others, Jenn. How many are there? Give me the details because I would love to hunt them down...and if I find them, you bet I'll add them to the list!

I think two more, Angel Food for Jack and Jill and Angel Food Time. I have another book, Angel City, but I think it's a compilation of favorite stories.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2009 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Jennifer I was trying to figure out what to do with our Baltimore Catechism this year to give it a new twist!

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2009 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

stefoodie wrote:

Stef..when I try clicking on this link, it doesn't follow through. Would you happen to know how I can order these books any other way?

Thanks!

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 08 2009 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Nique~
They must have re-entered the item number and changed the price, etc.....cuz they aren't $56.25 anymore....... they are $72.99

Linda at Sacred Heart Books and Gifts has them for $65. She has free shipping, with a $2.00 handling charge.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 16 2009 at 1:43am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I know you all have been talking Angel Food books for some time. I'm late to get on the bandwagon, and I hadn't had a chance to see them for myself yet. Well, imagine my surprise to find volumes 1 and 2 at my parent's house this week. We are visiting and mom had me go through some old books she has in case I was interested in any of them. I've looked through her book stashes before but it's been quite awhile and those titles didn't jump out at me before since I hadn't "heard" of them then. This time they did ... I was so excited . They are 1943 copies - according to the inscription in the front cover she got them when she was 10 and in 5th grade. It was like hitting the jackpot or finding a secret treasure. Now off to print your lists, Jennifer!!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 16 2009 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

MaryM wrote:
... imagine my surprise to find volumes 1 and 2 at my parent's house this week. We are visiting and mom had me go through some old books she has in case I was interested in any of them. I've looked through her book stashes before but it's been quite awhile and those titles didn't jump out at me before since I hadn't "heard" of them then. This time they did ... I was so excited . They are 1943 copies - according to the inscription in the front cover she got them when she was 10 and in 5th grade. It was like hitting the jackpot or finding a secret treasure.

That's the kind of thing that makes me happy for weeks, Mary!!!!   What a treasure you have found! I love going through my mom's stashes as well. On my last visit I found some great philosophy and logic books for when the children are older. This is one of the reasons I love occasionally hitting flea markets, and used book stores - I love finding one of these old treasures...and I seem to have several on my list these days!

very happy for you!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 16 2009 at 7:11am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I recieved our Angel Food books a couple of weeks ago and am so excited about Jen's plans which I only found recently. I don't have any other plans for next school year - but we won't be doing so badly with just these

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 16 2009 at 8:00am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

MarilynW wrote:
I recieved our Angel Food books a couple of weeks ago and am so excited about Jen's plans which I only found recently. I don't have any other plans for next school year - but we won't be doing so badly with just these

I'm so glad, Marilyn. Really, they're the basis of our religion studies. We start the day with the Baltimore Catechism and an Angel Food story. I'm hoping to save my pennies and hunt down the out of print ones that Jenn listed above later in the year. I think those would really make a nice addition and I'm hoping would fill in some places as well.

By the way, I'm not sure if I mentioned this...I think I did somewhere, but I can't remember where (it could be 3 posts above me )...I use the Angel Food stories to fill in throughout the year as well. Following the subject column I can choose liturgically appropriate stories - like for example for the month of May we read all the stories that relate a devotion to Our Lady; for November, I read the stories about the souls in purgatory. If one of my children seems to be struggling with a particular temptation, let's say lying, then I read (not in a pointed way, but in a sort of general way..."lets refresh our memories about the importance of honesty today...") about honesty in the Angel Food books. Just wanted to mention that these books really seem to have an integral place in our days. Father Brennan is a wonderful storyteller and the stories appeal to all of us.

I'm so glad the pdf is helpful to you guys!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 16 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MaryM wrote:
I know you all have been talking Angel Food books for some time. I'm late to get on the bandwagon, and I hadn't had a chance to see them for myself yet. Well, imagine my surprise to find volumes 1 and 2 at my parent's house this week. We are visiting and mom had me go through some old books she has in case I was interested in any of them. I've looked through her book stashes before but it's been quite awhile and those titles didn't jump out at me before since I hadn't "heard" of them then. This time they did ... I was so excited . They are 1943 copies - according to the inscription in the front cover she got them when she was 10 and in 5th grade. It was like hitting the jackpot or finding a secret treasure. Now off to print your lists, Jennifer!!

Awesome find, Mary!

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 12:58pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Thank you Suzanne! I appreciate you telling me! Looking into it right now, at Linda's

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

rivendell mom has a set for sale at   The Trading Post for $50!

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 6:30pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

I think I'm one person too late:( Oh well:)

dale45039
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote dale45039

We stumbled across these when my mother-in-law gave us some original copies with torn and tattered pages. Our kids are always asking when I can read them another "father brennan" story - they love it! I just discovered that book #4 (For Heaven's Sake) is an audiobook. You can get it by going to this site.
Back to Top View dale45039's Profile Search for other posts by dale45039

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Linda at Sacred Heart Books is having her Christmas in October Sale, and the Angel Food Books are $60!

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:34am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

SuzanneG wrote:
Linda at Sacred Heart Books is having her Christmas in October Sale, and the Angel Food Books are $60!

Ugh! I just bought them last week at regular price. I didn't think to look there, either. Oh well. They are lovely books, and the boys enjoy them so far.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version