Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Veterinarian's idea 4 St. Francis day Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
motherly loving
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 30 2008 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote motherly loving

I'm new to this forum and homeschooling. Although I don't really homeschool yet b/c my son is only 2, but I'm doing lots of reading. Anyhow, I am trying to start teh tradition of celebrating various saint'sfeast days. I'm starting with St. Francis of Assisi this Saturday. It seems like such a fun one to do and it's especially neat for me because I'm a veterinarian. So one of my ideas that I would hope to maybe encourage you to teach your children to do taht day and in the future is to brush your pet's teeth at least weekly. This is line with St. Francis' way of life and caring for animals. Other than a good diet and regular exercise this is the number one thing you can do at home for free almost for your pet to increase his life span and quailty of life, specially in those later years. It's prety easy depending on the dog or cat and I think it would be fun for kids. Just make sure you use a soft bristled toothbrush and veternary toothpaste (not human toothpaste), best to buy at your vet's or petsmart or online at various pet sites. Anyhow, just a thought of a fun and new thing to do to celebrate the day. feel free to reply back or pm me if you have any questions. Thanks.
- Robina

Motherly Loving
Back to Top View motherly loving's Profile Search for other posts by motherly loving Visit motherly loving's Homepage

Jamberry77
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 7:41am | IP Logged Quote Jamberry77

Dear Robina,

Welcome to our forum. I started reading and going to homeschool co-ops when my first son was 2, also. You'll save yourself some trouble by learning about different things ahead of time.

I second your advice about dogs' teeth - esp. small breeds. I've brushed mine off and on (off during pregnancy and infancy of new babies, on during other times) and gotten his teeth cleaned at least every two years, and he's looking pretty good at 14 years old now (he's a 9 lb. rat terrier).

Anyways, welcome!

motherly loving
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote motherly loving

So you all don't think I'm a terrible vet because I spelled veterinarian wrong on the post title. I'm not even a bad speller, but I am an awful typer. Sorry please forgive my typo.
Back to Top View motherly loving's Profile Search for other posts by motherly loving Visit motherly loving's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote nissag

Robina,

Would you mind if I posted that idea on the Catholic Homeschooling Fair this week?

Blessings,

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 8:21am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Robina, fingers never move as quickly as thoughts, do they? Mine don't either!
Welcome to 4Real!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

motherly loving
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 1:14pm | IP Logged Quote motherly loving

of course not,any idea of mine (not many) is welcome to all.

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

I posted this in the craft forum also, but for St Francis day we are going to make a few things.
I'm making a new fleece dog bed and Superboy is making some doggie booties (pattern)for our dog, JBug is making some felt toys similar to these (pattern) for our cats,and we are also making a grave marker for our dog who recently passed away.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

Oh, darn. I wish I'd had those before posting the Catholic Homeschooling Fair... What great ideas!

Do you suppose anyone would notice if I sneaked them in?

Blessings,

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version