Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Real Learning Conference '09-update :-( Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 13 2008 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

It's hard to say, but...

The Real Learning conference has had to give way to Real Life. Each of the 6 committee members has been dealt quite a year right now: high risk pregnancy, newborns, complications related to just having moved or being about to move, traveling and deployed husbands, and of course Mr. Vander Woude's tragic and heroic death.

We all believe that God is telling us "not this year" for ministering to other homeschoolers, and instead "yes this year" to focus on nurturing our families. We hope that you will continue to find the support you need here at the forum and/or at one of the other local conferences.

God Bless!

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 13 2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

As long as we can hope for another 4Real conference in a future year...

Praying for all of you!

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 13 2008 at 2:11pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Makes sense, Rachel. Thanks for updating pretty far in advance. I'm with Nancy, as long as it remains a future possibility, I'll just keep hanging on....

Praying for all the concerns and situations that come into play in deciding. It's really a blessing to know a group of ladies who make their families their priority.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

RenB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 25 2008 at 11:40am | IP Logged Quote RenB

I read this last week, and it hasn't left my thoughts since. Even with all the unknown in our family life, it's still good to keep up with new goals and dreams. I'm dreaming ladies, dreaming that I may just come to this conference if God wills it for me, that I can attend.

My mother is from Bristol, VA and we had an entire road trip planned last May to drive down (she and I with four of the children), topping along the way to various cities from her childhood before we had to cancel it due to everything happening here. So, wouldn't it be just grand to be able to plan it all again? Oh yeah!!! '' Time will tell but it's on my calendar anyway. ''

Mommy to eight, cherished treasures sent to us 22 years apart. Nana to seven lovelies...so far.
"Go East," they said
Back to Top View RenB's Profile Search for other posts by RenB Visit RenB's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2008 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Rachel consider changing the title. I overlooked the cancellation too until I saw Elizabeth's blog. Many times I have scrolled down thru all the responses in threads without reading evey single one in order to post myself.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version