Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: Sweden Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 27 2005 at 3:02pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Don't forget the Swedish Candle Chimes!

Does anyone have a better source for this? I used to have one and now would like to get one for our family.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 30 2005 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

jenngm67 wrote:
Swedish Candle Chimes!

Does anyone have a better source for this?

That is the same one I've seen around at several places and the same price also. We never had one growing up but I think they are cool. This reminds me of what I really want to get for our family - one of these
wooden pyramid carousels but I'm going to have to settle for the one at Lillian Vernon. It's a lot more affordable.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 30 2005 at 7:44pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MaryM wrote:
That is the same one I've seen around at several places and the same price also. We never had one growing up but I think they are cool. This reminds me of what I really want to get for our family - one of these
wooden pyramid carousels but I'm going to have to settle for the one at Lillian Vernon. It's a lot more affordable.

I tell myself if I can get over to Germany, I'm buying up these pyraminds! I have another site with expensive German ones, called Christkindlmarkt.

Lilian Vernon's must be made in China...how could it be that inexpensive?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 14 2005 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

We're starting a Scandinavian unit to finish out the year and add a little twist on our usual advent customs and traditions. Thanks so much for ALL these wonderful ideas and books, so much to choose from!!

I'd love to hear if anyone else will be doing this for their Christmas or advent as well. I didn't realize there were so many swedish and scandinavian saints.

Can't wait for St. Lucia Day, we have always done this with my one daughter since she was 5, it's one of our favorite ways to celebrate advent! Appreciate so many great ideas. Thanks again

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 15 2005 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

happyheartsmom wrote:
Can't wait for St. Lucia Day, we have always done this with my one daughter since she was 5, it's one of our favorite ways to celebrate advent!

Psst...I happen to know of a picture book about a little girl who, with the help of a tomten, treats her family to a St. Lucia Day celebration right after they move from Sweden to America...it's no longer in print, but there are plenty of used copies floating around out there. It's called Hanna's Christmas.

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 15 2005 at 5:56pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Lissa wrote:
Psst...I happen to know of a picture book about a little girl who, with the help of a tomten, treats her family to a St. Lucia Day celebration right after they move from Sweden to America...it's no longer in print, but there are plenty of used copies floating around out there. It's called Hanna's Christmas.

Well bust my buttons, you are FULL of surprises aren't you Thanks for this it looks fantastic

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Nov 15 2005 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Lissa,
I have Hanna's Christmas (just happens to be written by my favortie author ), but I clicked on your link just to see. Amazon must have stockpiled because they have new copies. If it's OOP, ya'll should jump in now, while you can!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2005 at 5:47am | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Elizabeth wrote:
Lissa,
I have Hanna's Christmas (just happens to be written by my favortie author ), but I clicked on your link just to see. Amazon must have stockpiled because they have new copies. If it's OOP, ya'll should jump in now, while you can!

Bahahaha!!!!!!! Shows what I know about my own work! OK, it turns out I only THOUGHT it was out of print. It was supposed to be a one-print-run kind of thing, and I just assumed the publisher stuck to plan. I was wrong! Too bad this wasn't a royalty book for me.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version