Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: What has the Blessed Mother Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 11 2008 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote Helen

Philothea wrote:
I would just note that the Medjugorge apparition has not yet been approved by the Church, so study with caution.

Thank you Philothea

**Moderator's Note**
Here is a section from About Us page
Although we desire to grow in knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith every day of our lives, we surely are not experts on Church teaching. We will do our best to be an example of the fullness of our Faith, and if we need words to clarify, we will turn to the Catechism of the Catholic Church or other authoritative pronouncements of the Church, in order to answer questions from a Catholic perspective.

We can recognize that there are many paths to conversion and holiness, but here in Hidden Treasure we would like to encourage the discussion of fully approved apparitions of Our Lady and shy away from those without authoritative pronouncements of the Church. Especially in a thread dedicated to discussing the goodness and the loving actions of Our Lady in our lives.

Thank you in advance

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 11 2008 at 7:41am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Well, I've had a hard time being a faithful daughter in recent months. I still read my "Mary Vitamin" , but discipline in prayer life has always been a weakness for me, and it remains so--only now I am more convicted about it being a weakness.

However, when I have stopped and meditated and the few times a week I manage to pray a rosary (or part of one ), I am struck by how loving and forgiving our lady is as a mother. She is never so hurt by my neglect that she becomes any less accessible.

I have also been reading "Hold On To Your Kids" over the past few months, and his challenges to parents (in everything, protect the bond assuring your child that you love them no matter what--even in disciplining oneself to always maintain a pleasant/non-bitter tone of voice, etc...) remind me so much of the Marian virtues I need to adopt.

So, I have tried to recall my own failings when I am hurt or frustrated over those of my own children, and it helps me empathize. It is also a reminder to me that I must continue *trying* to improve my prayer life so that I can more closely model her virtues in my mothering.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 11 2008 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Shari, Chris, Laura, Jenny, I love your stories, they really brighten my day!

Laura, I deeply touched by your experiences as a child, so beautiful!

Jenny, I love your journey, it is just amazing and inspiring.

Thank you girls!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 11 2008 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

In our search for baby names, we chose Maximilian for a boy, which we had. In reading about this great saint, his love for Our Lady is amazing! I am always amazed and uplifted by the stories of the saints and their devotion to Our Lady.

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2008 at 4:34pm | IP Logged Quote doris

I really wanted our baby to be born on a Marian feast day. He was due on 29th Jan and finally appeared on 2nd Feb -- Candlemas -- the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary! I'd prayed so fervently to our Lady for him and she answered my prayers more generously than I could imagine. The timing also meant that I could say the novena to Our Lady of Lourdes in thanksgiving.

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2008 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

doris wrote:
I really wanted our baby to be born on a Marian feast day. He was due on 29th Jan and finally appeared on 2nd Feb -- Candlemas -- the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary! I'd prayed so fervently to our Lady for him and she answered my prayers more generously than I could imagine. The timing also meant that I could say the novena to Our Lady of Lourdes in thanksgiving.

Elizabeth, your post reminded me that our baby was due on the feast of Our Lady of Altagracia but came two days later, the feast of the betrothal of Our Lady to St. Joseph.

Is this self-centered? I thought Our Lady was giving us a wedding present.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 12 2008 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful stories. They are a blessing!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 12 2008 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Helen wrote:
doris wrote:

Elizabeth, your post reminded me that our baby was due on the feast of Our Lady of Altagracia but came two days later, the feast of the betrothal of Our Lady to St. Joseph.

Not at all

I didn't have a particular devotion to Our Lady at the time of my second's birth (though, I had been attending a mother's rosary meeting twice monthly which was certainly one of the bigger steps drawing me closer to her), but he was born on the Feast of Pentacost, which kind of covers it all

My husband and I have been eyeing the Exaltation of the Cross for this next one, but after all these stories, September 8 is looking nice as well! Who better to share a birthday with?

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2008 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

CrunchyMom wrote:
My husband and I have been eyeing the Exaltation of the Cross for this next one, but after all these stories, September 8 is looking nice as well! Who better to share a birthday with?

The day after Exaltation of the Cross is a Marian Feast day, Our Lady of Sorrows. Doesn't the name Dolores come from that feast? And Doris sounds like a derivation of Dolores.

I'm sure we can find you a bunch of Marian Feast Days for September Lindsay! (I also like the 12th, the Holy Name of Mary)

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 15 2008 at 6:31pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

CrunchyMom wrote:
Helen wrote:
doris wrote:

Not at all

I didn't have a particular devotion to Our Lady at the time of my second's birth (though, I had been attending a mother's rosary meeting twice monthly which was certainly one of the bigger steps drawing me closer to her), but he was born on the Feast of Pentacost, which kind of covers it all

Well, it turns out that the Triumph of the Holy Cross was the day afterall! Victor Leo made his entry yesterday morning!

I started having some irregular contractions on the Feast of the Holy Name of Mary and then sporadically throughout Saturday for his grand entry on Sunday! Incidently, both my other boys were born on Sundays!

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 15 2008 at 7:22pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Congratulations Lindsay!
Great news

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Sept 15 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

CrunchyMom wrote:

Well, it turns out that the Triumph of the Holy Cross was the day afterall! Victor Leo made his entry yesterday morning!

Just wanted to say congratulations Lindsay!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version