Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Picture Book Discoveries
 4Real Forums : Picture Book Discoveries
Subject Topic: The Seven Silly Eaters Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 22 2008 at 1:58pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman and Marla Frazee

4Real links

large family, cottage, small home, cabin, lake, baby, siblings, cello, food, Peter, milk, Lucy, pink lemonade, Jack, applesauce, Mac, oatmeal, pets, Mary Lou, bread, Flo, Fran, eggs, mess, birthday, gift, recipe, dance, cake, seasons, summer

This is a favorite summer read for us (and it was feeling a whole lot like summer yesterday when our temp rose near 110!). Here is a link to Mrs. Peter's Birthday Cake that I found through Cay's A Picture Perfect Childhood. We've been hankering to make this:).

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 22 2008 at 4:03pm | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

I can't wait to try the cake! That book is one of our family favorites too We have some silly eaters here ourselves (mostly pb&j, though I doubt that would make for a good cake).

God bless,
Christine

saminier
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 22 2008 at 10:40pm | IP Logged Quote saminier

This is one of our favorites as well. Even before I had children of my own, the children I nannied requested this over and over and soon had it memorized! Thanks for the link to the cake recipe, I've always wanted to try to make Mrs. Peters' cake!
Back to Top View saminier's Profile Search for other posts by saminier

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 22 2008 at 10:50pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome to 4Real, saminier! Thanks for posting.

OK, whoever makes the cake first needs to report back here

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 23 2008 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote mariB

I LOVE this book. It is a favorite with our littles:)   I gotta make the cake with the kids!!!

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

saminier
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 23 2008 at 11:24am | IP Logged Quote saminier

Thanks, Angie. I see from your signature we have something in common-- I have a John Paul too-- mine just turned three :-)

We're traveling over the holiday weekend so no cake baking here yet :-)
Back to Top View saminier's Profile Search for other posts by saminier

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 23 2008 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

saminier wrote:
Thanks, Angie. I see from your signature we have something in common-- I have a John Paul too-- mine just turned three :-)

We're traveling over the holiday weekend so no cake baking here yet :-)

You just reminded me to update my profile! My little JP just turned 3 also, on May 5! I can't believe how quickly he has grown. Isn't it a fun age?! I'm praying for your safe traveling.

Love,

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 02 2008 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

Angie Mc wrote:

This is a favorite summer read for us (and it was feeling a whole lot like summer yesterday when our temp rose near 110!). Here is a link to Mrs. Peter's Birthday Cake that I found through Cay's A Picture Perfect Childhood. We've been hankering to make this:).

We read this wonderful book today and everyone just loved it. The kids kept remarking that the house in the book looked just like our house.

I wanted everyone to know that we made "Mrs. Peter's Birthday Cake"--it was absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it and came back for seconds.

I posted our fun over at Ten Kids and a Dog
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 05 2008 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

joann10 wrote:

We read this wonderful book today and everyone just loved it. The kids kept remarking that the house in the book looked just like our house.

Yep....we all got a good laugh out of that too....AND, how their kitchen is used for ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING (like in our house), not just cooking .

We also LOVED their "bunk room", which also looked just like ours, with even MORE beds!

Great rhyming scheme...very easy and natural to read through.
Wonderful, wonderful

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 05 2008 at 4:40pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

joann10 wrote:
Angie Mc wrote:

I wanted everyone to know that we made "Mrs. Peter's Birthday Cake"--it was absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it and came back for seconds.

I posted our fun over at Ten Kids and a Dog

We LOVE the Peters' house! My children want more siblings and for all of them to sleep in the same room:). Today (yep, we're still reading this book) my 9yo said, "Mom, did you notice that the house gets messier as the story goes on?" I said, "Did you notice that they have more children as the story goes on...do you think there is a connection?" We both laughed.

J.P. wants a crown and cape just like Peter (when he is playing with Lucy and the wagon.) I do believe that I have a baby receiving blanket just like it for the cape. Wish me luck in finding it!

Drumroll please....   

Joann is the winner of the "I Made Mrs. Peter's Birthday Cake" contest . (Sweet pics of your children and wow the cake looks great!)

I plan to make it this Sunday. Yum!

Love,

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version