Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Fruits of the Holy Spirit Salad Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 12 2008 at 10:47am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Did you make a fruit salad for Pentecost yesterday? I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's fruit salad looked like across the world!

Our salad was topped with yogurt and spritzed with fresh Key Limes and contained:
Guava
Mango
banana
apple
pear
blueberries
blackberries

What fruits did you include in your salad?

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 12 2008 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote msclavel

I didn't make one, but I wish I could have had some of yours. Sounds delicious!

My mother had bought a fresh fruit tart from Wegman's that was soooo good. I can't wait for the Wegman's to open near my house so I can go buy it again.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 12 2008 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote LLR4

We made a 12 Fruit Salad! Let me see if I can remember them all though: strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, grapes, apples, honey tangerine, plums, cantelope, bananas, blueberries, nectarines, and oranges. It wasn't easy coming up with 12, huh? We have so much...we'll be eating it for days. But we don't mind.
Here's a photo of the fruit salad if it posts > nothing special. But we also made a Pentecost cake, and that came out beautiful, and boy was it good!

P.S. Had no idea it would post so big > sorry about that.

Back to Top View LLR4's Profile Search for other posts by LLR4 Visit LLR4's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 12 2008 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

LLR4 wrote:

The size is fine! I believe it is the standard message board size. The salad looks great btw - very Rachel Ray or Martha Stewart.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 12 2008 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

LLR4 wrote:
But we also made a Pentecost cake, and that came out beautiful, and boy was it good!

What is a Pentecost cake? I'd love to see a picture of that. (Maybe on a different topic. Sorry, didn't mean to steal this one.)

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 12 2008 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote LLR4

MaryM wrote:
LLR4 wrote:

The size is fine! I believe it is the standard message board size. The salad looks great btw - very Rachel Ray or Martha Stewart.

Oh thank you. : )

Back to Top View LLR4's Profile Search for other posts by LLR4 Visit LLR4's Homepage

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 12 2008 at 3:50pm | IP Logged Quote LLR4

RamFam wrote:
LLR4 wrote:
But we also made a Pentecost cake, and that came out beautiful, and boy was it good!

What is a Pentecost cake? I'd love to see a picture of that. (Maybe on a different topic. Sorry, didn't mean to steal this one.)

I first heard about a Pentecost Cake here on this forum, in the Pentecost Ideas thread. (I tried to link the thread but I guess I don't know how yet. New here. ) Then I got more info on it from the Catholic Cuisine.

Maybe I'll start another Pentecost Cake thread, because I have photos of that too, and I bet others do as well.

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 13 2008 at 6:42am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Laura, your salad looks terrific! I always prefer a picture to be larger, give me details anytime!

I hadn't had a good fruit salad in forever, I'm so glad it made tons - guess what I'm eating for breakfast this morning?

Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 13 2008 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Yummmmmmy!!!! This thread just reminded me I need to get my breakfast, gals.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2008 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote LLR4

marihalojen wrote:
Laura, your salad looks terrific! I always prefer a picture to be larger, give me details anytime!

I hadn't had a good fruit salad in forever, I'm so glad it made tons - guess what I'm eating for breakfast this morning?

You would like to know how the photo comes out that size?
I resized it to 600 pixels on the longest side, and uploaded it to Photobucket. Then I copy and paste the [IMG} string code there and paste it into the post.
I hope that helps?

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2008 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote LLR4

Am I the only silly one that took a photo of the Fruit Salad? (Could be!). How about Pentecost Cake photos?
I started a thread and no one has posted theirs yet.

I photograph just about everything we do or make for our blog, and just to record our kids childhood in general, --so you'll probably see lots of photos from me because I always have some to share!    

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 13 2008 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Oh Laura, I didn't take a single photo on Sunday. Not because I'm burned out after my Showers of Photos but because I was Re-laaaa-xing and it sure felt fabulous! Can't wait to see more of your photos, the salad and the cake are excellent.

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2008 at 2:22pm | IP Logged Quote LLR4

marihalojen wrote:
Oh Laura, I didn't take a single photo on Sunday. Not because I'm burned out after my Showers of Photos but because I was Re-laaaa-xing and it sure felt fabulous! Can't wait to see more of your photos, the salad and the cake are excellent.

A ha! Well you're forgiven then. Although taking photos IS relaxing to me. Or at least the fun part! I see you enjoy it too -- you've got some nice shots on your blog! Mine is always loaded with photos too-so you can always see lots there. But I'll be sure to share some here if they apply too.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version