Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What is your theme for the year? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 01 2008 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Acceptance.

Accepting God's will in my life. Accepting my son and his disability. Accepting my husband's work and hours. Accepting the messes that 4 children can bring. Accepting that I can't do it all. But the biggest is the first, Accepting God's will. And, it's the hardest.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 2:45pm | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Interior Life.

I feel like I know, in my head, all the "right answers" about a relationship with God, the value of my vocation, doing small things well for love of God, accepting suffering, etc. But in the midst of the chaos and all the little stressful moments I don't have much to draw on, spiritually.

Susan

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 2:53pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Spacious Order

"Order without liberty and liberty without order are equally destructive." Theodore Roosevelt

This is our 2008 family motto..

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MichelleW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 4:59pm | IP Logged Quote MichelleW

Communion and Beauty.

I want to be together enough to really join in the lives of those around me.

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Life without appliances.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Ruth wrote:
Life without appliances.

Oh Ruth, I know I shouldn't laugh, but...may your sense of humor bring you many blessings. Praying .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Pamin OZ
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 03 2008 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote Pamin OZ

Be here now.

It's from a Buddhist book I saw once but this phrase kicks me up the bottom more than anything else.

I'll probably have to keep this for life; I'm such a slow learner.

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/paminoz/
Back to Top View Pamin OZ's Profile Search for other posts by Pamin OZ

NavyMom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote NavyMom

MY 2008 theme is TO BE CONSISTENT in all I strive to do.

Every year I try to pick a theme and plan all my goals and intentions around that theme. I enjoyed reading all of your theme ideas.

My 2007 theme was PEACE and I think overall I am a more peaceful person today than I was a year ago...but I am consistently inconsistent about everything I attempt to do.

What do I want to be consistent with?

Health and Diet

Meal Prep- mostly breakfast and dinner

Daily/Weekly Routines

Exercise Routines

Cleaning Routines

Homeschool Schedules

Following a Budget

Household Maintenance

Going to Daily Mass (MWF)

Prayer (Rosary Daily)

Going to Confession

My Moods

I am spending this weekend making lists, goals, and reflecting on each area I want to be consistent in and I am posting all of my thoughts on my blog:
The Flat on Cabaniss Crescent
Heidi
Back to Top View NavyMom's Profile Search for other posts by NavyMom Visit NavyMom's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hi, Heidi and Welcome to 4Real! I moved your topic about your theme to this post because it fit perfectly:).

Love,

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 07 2008 at 2:22pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

My (belated) theme this year is I get to.

As in not saying "I have to" do this or that, but "I get to."

I get to do laundry for my family, I get to calm a cranky baby, I get to shape prickly children into adults who won't get arrested

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

AnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 08 2008 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote AnaB

This is such a wonderful thread!! I'm actually late on it. After reading each of your entries, I said, "Oooo, that's what I want our theme to be." Then I'd read the next post and think, "Oooo, that one too!!"

These past 2 years have been very hard for us, between miscarriage, my dh's chronic heart problems, remodeling a kitchen (it took 4 months), lots of traveling with dh's work (he couldn't be left alone),my CFIDS flared like it never has before... it's been exhausting and draining. The theme that most described our year was, "Just Survive". I would like a little more for this year.

I miss peace and joy in our home. I miss consistency. I miss contentment. I always need to declutter.

This year, the hospital bills have added up and we are once again pinching every penny. I am more realistic about what I can and can't do with our circumstances. I've come a long way limiting the blogs that I read just so that I wouldn't get overwhelmed with ALL the ideas and activities in everyone else's homes. I really appreciated Elizabeth's post on her blog about how much more simpler life was before the internet despite the blessing that it is. It's still hard for me to be happy and comfortable with who I am and what I can/can't do, what our homeschooling looks like, etc...

So, I think my motto for the year will be Contentment--to accept with glad surrender the circumstances my good, loving Father has brought into my life through His providence, to make the most and appreciate all the blessings I do have, to spend less time looking over the fence, and to make our life as full and wonderful as it can be. I want to savor each moment and be all there for my family before these fleeting days are gone. I want the Lord to draw my heart towards my family even more and for Him to do that work in each of us in my home.

This sounds a little lofty, but I have to remember, I serve a BIG God! "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

May God bless our endeavors this year!

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 08 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

"Hold fast to HOPE" and "Live in His Love", based on Pope Benedict's "Spe Salvi" and "Deus Caritas Est". Another that keeps nudging at my soul is "Embrace the Emmanuel Days". Our youngest bears the middle name Emmanuel because we were going through some very difficult times when he came into the world...since Emmanuel means "God with us", it seems fitting to revisit our contemplation of what "God with us" truly means !

We have a supply of letters in our home, gathered from old games,and often display various mottos and themes in prominant spots. I need many concrete reminders to keep my thoughts focused on those things that matter most!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 19 2008 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I'm a little behind the times here, ladies, but I finally do have a theme for the 2008 ... JOY! As I mention in the linked blog post:
Quote:

Seeking, finding and taking joy in everything we do, in everyone we meet and everywhere we go .... JOY.

We're also going to try to create an environment where each child will be able to find their own magical childhood -- finding God's magic in their surroundings (including siblings !), their work and their play.

As I flesh this out, I'll be posting -- but I was so excited to finally have a theme that I could put on "paper", I just had to share with my 4real friends!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Jan 19 2008 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

My theme is up at Catholic Exchange this morning . I'm finding that it is relatively simple to live--not necessarily easy, but simple...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version