Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
The Arts in the Everyday
 4Real Forums : The Arts in the Everyday
Subject Topic: Paint and brushes question Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

We are still using Tempera paints (washable) and chunky brushes around here. However, my 8yo is beginning to want to paint with more accuracy and detail. What is the next step? What paints and brushes do you recommend? Should I look for an actual palette so she can mix colors?
Thanks
Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 30 2007 at 12:43am | IP Logged Quote Chari

I only have a moment.......but I give my kids REAL paint brushes when they are about three, in all sizes. They just use watercolors from the little tin row (what are those called?) and then around 7 or 8yrs........some earlier, I let them use the tubes of watercolor paint by Grumbacher. I order them from NASCO Arts & Crafts Catalog. I usually give thme the colors form the tubes till they can controll the msall amounts.......which go far. The good quality paint is so pretty. I think Marie's watercolors come in a kit. we have used those, too.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 03 2007 at 8:04pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Jennifer,
This set has been on my list for a month or so now. I love the Stockmar products because of the great quality. It is a pricey set, but my 11 yo is ready for something more. The set comes with some nice brushes, and you can get a mixing palette at Michaels.

I'm betting it will be a Christmas gift for her (me )

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version